“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

As I said, it was brutally hot and humid in Broome today.  The ship cancelled the on-deck sailaway stuff in the late afternoon.  When we walked up the Deck 5 gangway, this guy was perhaps looking around for any leftover caviar.

C10465D5-78C3-4FCA-A9FD-267D7D5EEF35.thumb.jpeg.d4db1e8bd9316738e5249955c83fd37e.jpeg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, shark b8 said:

“Pursuant to that”…….in the MDR tonight.  Two steps forward, one step back.  

835AE53C-9115-4CCC-BB69-D4903BD7FE27.thumb.jpeg.eca15165d2363fad5b0a18274ac1bbf7.jpeg

It must be that beets are a vegetable that keeps for a long long time. Perhaps the ship has a large store of them.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SLSD said:

Shark b8, I continue to read some scathing reviews of the World Cruise in another venue.  I am very disappointed for those sailing with you who are so unhappy.  Evidently, many small cutbacks have made the trip not the usual Seabourn experience.  I'm sure you have heard some of the complaints.  Is it possible that you are concerned with other aspects of the cruise and are not bothered by many small cutbacks?  I'm just trying to assess what we might find when we sail in June (on a different SB ship). 

You'll likely find different issues on the different ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

It must be that beets are a vegetable that keeps for a long long time. Perhaps the ship has a large store of them.  

Now that is a scary thought...

I have to say that it's been bothering me the last day or two that kale was accidentally being left off the Devil's List.  But I looked into it and it turns out that kale is a very close relative of Brussels sprouts.  So I think it is fair to consider that it is included by default.  Now I can sleep better tonight.  🙂

D

• Haha 4

Do you have a copy of the cancellation notice please? More sea days I wonder?  We're joining in Bali and nothing received from Seabourn or TA at this time. Thank you and also for your informative and amusing postings. 

Yep, goaliedad is correct.  Remains to be seen what will happen to the extended overland excursions that would have started in Mombasa.  Here’s the letter that circulated today, I would guess Belami and others joining in Bali ought to be getting something like this asap.

AB4787F0-4611-49AE-A873-C27E4ECF89EB.thumb.jpeg.323455ad53454baec87af274cc50c487.jpeg

Edited by shark b8

Well now, here is a thing.Your Restaurant menu of 15 hours ago looks exactly the same as our Odyssey Restaurant menu for tonight. Bet you there was also Lemongrass Pottage etc etc

sigh……another illusion shattered. I hope our Chef’s special is different from yours: Fresh pasta melanzane. The heavy hand of corporate conformity dulls spontaneity and invention.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goaliedad30 said:

It is changed to go directly from Seychelles to Tanzania, with a 3 day stay in Zanzibar, plus an added day in Dar es Salaam. The 2nd Seychelles day sails slightly earlier (3 pm vs 5 pm)

That'll give you plenty of opportunity to buy Tanzanite.😀

• Haha 1

Guessing (?) tonight’s Herald article is in reference to the bird pic I posted as we walked back up the gangway yesterday, from our day in Broome.  

16E558D1-499E-4EE0-BDD5-8A1975A3B1E3.thumb.jpeg.742c3ec835f01dacd1346268a766f5c8.jpeg

8E3A7A0A-5C4F-401A-B05B-F2D22A87B7FA.thumb.jpeg.53b1194be16ea0ad4a9873aec0d0f52f.jpeg

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 5

Hot and steamy again today.  As I’ve said, we like to prop the veranda door open with the table, to enjoy the sailing-sounds and the sea air, but this is what happens to the big mirror in current conditions.

BE37D422-8E66-4678-8274-4335AFCE6DB4.thumb.jpeg.17c997e9448d40b27a1b9b3841b35eea.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Hot and steamy again today.  As I’ve said, we like to prop the veranda door open with the table, to enjoy the sailing-sounds and the sea air, but this is what happens to the big mirror in current conditions.

BE37D422-8E66-4678-8274-4335AFCE6DB4.thumb.jpeg.17c997e9448d40b27a1b9b3841b35eea.jpeg

You need to get your air con turned off if you want to keep the balcony door open.

It's not good for the system to do this.

• Like 4