Do you Feel X is Cheapening their Product

mcrcruiser

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If they are close to bankruptcy,  then why do we keep on booking cruises and giving them new deposits?  That does not seem like a smart move.

Yet their stock price does not trade low like they are going into bankruptcy.  Far from it.

I can't speak for you, but my only deposit with them is $200.

I can't answer why you keep booking with them.  Since im only on the hook for $200, I don't think you should include me in the "we" that isn't too smart.  But, you do you, I'll take care of myself.

Why... why.... why........

On 1/7/2023 at 11:57 AM, Grandmaanne7 said:

I think that I will reserve voicing my opinion on this subject until I return next month from my first post covid cruise on Celebrity. I will be able to compare it with my other post covid cruises on Regent and Carnival so it should be somewhere in the middle even though it is far more expensive than either due to the itinerary (Antarctica). I am not liking that Celebrity introduces a new reduction in product almost weekly but I will reserve judgment until the experience is complete. I am hoping that all the negativity hasn't jaded me already and that I can sail with an open mind. 

I definitely fully enjoyed our cruise, however, the cutbacks are certainly evident.  The worst thing to me was watching the crew.  They are completely overworked and exhausted!  They do their best to smile and let on that they are fine but there are days that are harder on them than others.  Our cruise had 8 sea days, which wore them out completely!  Some of them stay on longer just to train the new staff, and there are plenty of new staff so, obviously, Celebrity is trying to remedy the situation but our cruise was oversold so there were incredibly cranky passengers to begin with and these poor new trainees were thrown to the wolves. 

Add to that, fewer dining options on the menu including eliminating prime rib on our 14 day cruise, less items included in the Classic beverage package (we overheard several passengers arguing with the staff that such and such should/used to be included), incredibly useless internet access (on Infinity which was blamed on the outdated infrastructure not the location), downgraded bathroom products, charges for room service and you absolutely feel less and less of the luxury experience that Celebrity is trying to sell.

We hummed and hawed whether to book a future cruise but when we priced out 2 cruises that were of interest to us and they were over double, almost triple, what we would be willing to pay, we chose not to.  I went back a second time, just to be sure that no error had been made and that they had included all the current promotions.  I will not be booking anything at those prices!  If I see a last minute real deal that appeals to us, I would probably go for it because, as I said, we definitely enjoyed our cruise.  I just don't want to pay 3 times what it's worth.  If cruising becomes too expensive, I have no problem doing land vacations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5