Please Help: Celebrity Drink Packages, Embarkation Day Wine and Dining

Sunsibar

Hi.  I will be taking my first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation sailing June 3, 2023 (9 Night Best of Mediterranean).  I am having a hard time finding answers to the following questions:

1.  I booked an All Included fare.  If I want to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, does my cabin mate have to upgrade as well?

2.  Are specialty coffees no longer included in the new Classic Drink Package?

3.  How many minutes do you have to wait before ordering your next beverage if you have a drink package?  Can you order water with your drink without being charged?

4.  Is champagne considered to be a wine for purposes of bringing alcohol on board on embarkation day?  What about dessert wine?

5.  I heard there are three or four menus for Le Petite Chef that rotate during a cruise.  Is this the case on the Constellation?  How can I find out when the menu I am interested in (steak and lobster tail) will be served?  Can you cancel a specialty dining reservation?

6.  Does anyone have the new menu for the MDR?

Any input would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!     

1. I was able to upgrad to premium while my DH stayed classic. I've done this by calling Captain's Club and on another cruise upgraded on ship.

2. I believe specialty coffees are still included in the classic drink package.

3. I've ordered a 2nd glass of wine within a couple of minutes when I wanted to carry my preferred wine into dinner with me. Yes, we always ask for a bottle of water at the same time when we order our last drink of the evening. 

4. Yes, champagne is counted in your 2 bottles of wine. I'm not sure, but think dessert wine would also count. 

5. Le Petit menus rotate. You can see the menu for each day on the Celebrity app, but you are too far out to see them now. You can also go to guest services or directly to the restaurant and ask to see the menus for each night. You can cancel specialty restaurant reservations without penalty. I'm not sure if you need to give 24 or 48 hours notice. 

6. When you get closer to your cruise date you'll be able to see the MDR menus on the Celebrity app. You can see what they are now via the app, but there are changes all the time. 

Whether or not specialty coffees are still included remains unclear.  The new descriptions do not mention coffee, water, juice in the Classic but the Premium package says …. (The alcohol and wine description) plus water. Coffees, juice, energy drinks, etc.

I can’t imagine that the Classic would not include generic water, coffees and juice but it isn’t clear.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:43 AM, Sunsibar said:

Hi.  I will be taking my first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation sailing June 3, 2023 (9 Night Best of Mediterranean).  I am having a hard time finding answers to the following questions:

1.  I booked an All Included fare.  If I want to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, does my cabin mate have to upgrade as well?

2.  Are specialty coffees no longer included in the new Classic Drink Package?

3.  How many minutes do you have to wait before ordering your next beverage if you have a drink package?  Can you order water with your drink without being charged?

4.  Is champagne considered to be a wine for purposes of bringing alcohol on board on embarkation day?  What about dessert wine?

5.  I heard there are three or four menus for Le Petite Chef that rotate during a cruise.  Is this the case on the Constellation?  How can I find out when the menu I am interested in (steak and lobster tail) will be served?  Can you cancel a specialty dining reservation?

6.  Does anyone have the new menu for the MDR?

Any input would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!     

FYI, the price to upgrade to premium is HIGH. You may want to do the math to see if it is worth it.

No one really knows what is going on with the Classic and coffees, etc. however if I had to bet, I would say classic probably they are included otherwise just order things like ginger and bourbon and ask them to hold the bourbon.

Dessert wine probably OK, who knows about things like Port, Madeira, and other fortified wines.

It really depends on who is doing the inspection and decision making.  Usually, it is port personnel/security who make the initial determination of what to let on and what to stop and they don't always know the rules of the particular cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

All-Inclusive Cruise Drink Packages | Celebrity Cruises

Classic Package Includes:  

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

Premium Package Includes:  

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

Edited by Hannahh72
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Except that people currently on board say the classic packages doesn’t include this 

What are they saying is included?  I haven’t seen any reports from those on board now. 

17 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Except that people currently on board say the classic packages doesn’t include this 

Some passengers are probably sailing with grandfathered classic packages that include the classic non-alcohol package.  Specialty coffee is included as is classic canned water, juices (not fresh), and soda.  It does not include Fresh juice, premium water, fresh juice, red bull, vitamin water, etc.  

The new Zero Proof package is the old Premium non-alcohol package.

13 hours ago, airhose said:

So now it looks like special coffees and teas, and Coca-Cola products, are not included in the Classic.  Are we back to hauling Coke on board?  At least we get the coffees and teas due to loyalty status (I hope!).  

It does not say coke products are not inculded it clearly says "sodas" and coke is a soda. Classic... Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, airhose said:

So now it looks like special coffees and teas, and Coca-Cola products, are not included in the Classic.  Are we back to hauling Coke on board?  At least we get the coffees and teas due to loyalty status (I hope!).  

Order a rum and coke... without the rum.  😂

The app is not very updated . The classics package does included canned water, sodas , juices(not fresh squeezed), premium coffee and teas. It does not include smoothies , energy drinks , vitamine water , fresh squeezed juices or specialty waters. Hope this helps . 

39 minutes ago, NC58 said:

The app is not very updated . The classics package does included canned water, sodas , juices(not fresh squeezed), premium coffee and teas. It does not include smoothies , energy drinks , vitamine water , fresh squeezed juices or specialty waters. Hope this helps . 

Unfortunately, no where is this listed since the changes were made to the drink packages. The website is silent about non-alcohol drinks for the classic package (except to say that smoothies are not included).  The cruise planner where you purchase the package shows more inclusions than it used to. And a blog on Celebrity’s website actually implies none of those are included in the Classic package. 

Now, I suspect what you wrote is still accurate even with the change in packages but for anyone looking for confirmation, it is clear as mud. 

I would be really curious to hear reports from people currently on board who purchased their classic package since the change. 

43 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Unfortunately, no where is this listed since the changes were made to the drink packages. The website is silent about non-alcohol drinks for the classic package (except to say that smoothies are not included).  The cruise planner where you purchase the package shows more inclusions than it used to. And a blog on Celebrity’s website actually implies none of those are included in the Classic package. 

Sure it does Classic package inculudes the following...

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailings. Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow hard ciders, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra
  • Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia

10 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

Sure it does Classic package inculudes the following...

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailings. Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow hard ciders, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra
  • Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia

If that is actually true, that means Celebrity expanded the classic package at a time when Celebrity is making cuts which I doubt is true. Evian, San Pellegrino, Red Bull, Vitamin Water, and fresh juices have not been included in the classic package in the past. And what you quote contradicts other parts of Celebrity’s website which was the whole point of my comment which was a response to someone listing what the classic package has traditionally included and not included. 

Edited by prmssk

16 minutes ago, prmssk said:

If that is actually true, that means Celebrity expanded the classic package at a time when Celebrity is making cuts which I doubt is true. Evian, San Pellegrino, Red Bull, Vitamin Water, and fresh juices have not been included in the classic package in the past. And what you quote contradicts other parts of Celebrity’s website which was the whole point of my comment which was a response to someone listing what the classic package has traditionally included and not included. 

I took this off Celebrity's web site today for my upcoming cruise. Yes it is true my daughter is on the Apex now. They did raise the price it is now $80.99 pp per day for the Classic the Zero proof is $26.99 per day, which I feel is very fair. I personaly have always take the premium package but now the classic works fine for me.

Edited by southernbreezes

2 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

I took this off Celebrity's web site today for my upcoming cruise. Yes it is true my daughter is on the Apex now. They did raise the price it is now $80.99 pp per day for the Classic the Zero proof is $26.99 per day, which I feel is very fair.

I know exactly where you quote that from as I see it for my upcoming cruise too but it contradicts other parts of Celebrity’s website. 

Just to make sure I understand, your daughter has the classic package and has been able to order premium water, Red Bull, fresh juices (not canned), etc. at no additional charge?

This would be great news. 

Just now, prmssk said:

I know exactly where you quote that from as I see it for my upcoming cruise too but it contradicts other parts of Celebrity’s website. 

Just to make sure I understand, your daughter has the classic package and has been able to order premium water, Red Bull, fresh juices (not canned), etc. at no additional charge?

This would be great news. 

Yes, they no longer have the cheaper package it is now called Zero Proof and included in the classic package which is what she always gets. She loves Red Bull and Vodka and was happy she could get it.  Plus this morning she told me the food was excellent she does not eat dinner in the OVC.  She cruises 2-3 times a year on the shorter 7-10 days.

• Thanks 1