Carnival kids menu-food pics?

kelkel2

Hey everyone, we leave on the MG in 2 weeks and my extremely picky 4yo lives off chicken nuggets, Mac n cheese, and pb&j. Now, I know the kid’s menu offers that, but does anyone happen to have pics of those items. He wants to see what the items look like. 🙄 I tried searching but I just didn’t find pictures of the actual food. 

He also wants to know if there’s donuts for breakfast. (He’ll eat other things for breakfast, but I’ll ask regardless) 

While there are a lot of other pastries available for breakfast, I don't think there are donuts.

If no one has pictures for you of the food, you might try looking for a "trip report" thread posted by someone who is on the ship with young kids.  Trip reports are usually full of food pictures.

17 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Find some pics of those items on the net, download them and show him.   He won't know the difference.   lol

Until they are on board and he tosses a fit because they aren't like mommy's photos. Doesn't matter anyways Carnival will bend a ton , but they won't  special order items because 1 child likes dino shaped and not nugget shaped.

We sailed MG in April.  I don’t have food pics, but can tell you the nuggets and fries looked like McDonald’s.  The PB&J was made like a grilled cheese (like put together and then toasted on each side) which was a big no for my picky eater.  The dining room pizza was not good.  Stick to pizza place for good pizza.  No free donuts, but they have chocolate muffins which my son loves!

5 minutes ago, dsain said:

We sailed MG in April.  I don’t have food pics, but can tell you the nuggets and fries looked like McDonald’s.  The PB&J was made like a grilled cheese (like put together and then toasted on each side) which was a big no for my picky eater.  The dining room pizza was not good.  Stick to pizza place for good pizza.  No free donuts, but they have chocolate muffins which my son loves!

Thanks I appreciate it! I wonder if they’d do the pb&j not toasted? That would be a big no for my son too! 

6 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Thanks I appreciate it! I wonder if they’d do the pb&j not toasted? That would be a big no for my son too! 

I've only ever seen toasted ones - have seen some that looked like toasted "uncrustables" if you know that item (round basically no crust) and ones that looked like its been in a panini press.

Not actual pb & j on toast

3 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

all those items will look like the items they are named after

There are cafes on some/all ships that sell doughnuts. They will be as big as your kids face and crazy flavors.

True.  My mistake.

But I don't think any are served in the MDR or the buffet.

No doughnuts in MDR or buffet.

Here’s the doughnut menu at the JavaBlue cafe.

No plain or glazed. I’m guessing they’re  $2-3 each. 

Donuts

• Torched Meringue: Madagascar vanilla, slow-cooked Italian meringue
  • Guava Cream Cheese: brioche donut, condensed guava & cream center, feuilletine
  • Strawberry: natural strawberry preserve, brûlée custard
  • Bacon Caramel: hickory smoked bacon, maple glazed, sea salt caramel
  • Dark Chocolate: nutty butter, cocoa glaze, ginger cookie crumble
  • Vanilla: coconut flan custard, crackling metallic caramel

Introducing new items to your child while on a cruise is the perfect time.  In fact, some folks have their kids eat off the adult menu for that purpose. 

Maybe use this as an opportunity for that. 

His future spouse will thank you for it.  

8 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

No doughnuts in MDR or buffet.

Here’s the doughnut menu at the JavaBlue cafe.

No plain or glazed. I’m guessing they’re  $2-3 each. 

Donuts

• Torched Meringue: Madagascar vanilla, slow-cooked Italian meringue
  • Guava Cream Cheese: brioche donut, condensed guava & cream center, feuilletine
  • Strawberry: natural strawberry preserve, brûlée custard
  • Bacon Caramel: hickory smoked bacon, maple glazed, sea salt caramel
  • Dark Chocolate: nutty butter, cocoa glaze, ginger cookie crumble
  • Vanilla: coconut flan custard, crackling metallic caramel

Introducing new items to your child while on a cruise is the perfect time.  In fact, some folks have their kids eat off the adult menu for that purpose. 

Maybe use this as an opportunity for that. 

His future spouse will thank you for it.  

Oh trust me, we’re working on it. But it’s a battle I’d rather not fight in the middle of the MDR because it usually involves tears. He’s only 4, he has plenty of time to grow out of it. 

• Like 2