Help with Paul Gaugin currently booked with Travel Agent

WaggesAZ

First and foremost, I am not asking for a TA recommendation in anyway...Just assistance in understanding Paul Gaugin's policies/rules.

I booked a cruise in 10/2021 for a sailing in 10/2023 (I am a planner!!) and when I was on PG site, I was assigned a TA to assist me in booking.  The TA seemed knowledgable and answered my many questions before booking.  Since booking, when I have had questions, days and sometime weeks go by and I need to follow up to get a response  Honestly, with the booking being so far out, I didn't really mind the inexpediency since nothing I was inquiring about was urgent in any way.  However, most recently (last month), I asked about flights as I wanted to ask about an early departure for our return flight.  We would prefer to fly out the morning we disembark rather than take an overnight flight, if it was possible.  I had a response that was fairly quick that they would check with PG as to the earliest time we'd be allowed to disembark, and never heard back.  It was 8 days without a response.  I decided to wait on flights but figured when it came back on the radar, I will reach out again.

Fast forward to this week, and I find out friends will be on 7/2024 sailing and asked if we could move our booking out.  We spoke at length Tuesday about wha the change would entail, and it's been crickets since...Do I have to keep this TA?   I know PG has approved agents and no one I knew had a TA who had booked Paul Gaugin for them.  I don't think anything has been done, as I checked and the room I requested is still available.  I don't want to move forward on the new booking with this one if possible.  

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

5 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Contact PG directly and let them know your frustration. A TA can loose their standing with PG if they don't represent PG in a professional manner. PG might ask you to stay with the TA on record but a nudge from PG is in order 😉

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...