Dress codes for dining room

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Not me!  I worry about other people that worry about what other people wear.  

I don't worry about what other people wear.  When someone comes in the dining room in shorts or T shirts and flip flops, I just roll my eyes and adjust my tiara.😅 

Edited by Diver2014
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

If the staff says it's OK, well I'm OK.

Had a new shirt shrink on me before I took it on a cruise.  Unfortunately it was the only clean nice shirt I had.  Couldn't even get my shoulders into it.  Wore my nicest t-shirt to Chops.  Explained my situation, offered to cancel.  They had no problem seating me. 

Yep, there are lots of reasons why people don't get dressed up on dress up nights.  Not that there has to be a reason, period.

No one died.  No one lost their dinner.  Women and children didn't run screaming from Chops.  

No, really?  Did you look behind you as you were leaving to make sure?  Are there any warrants out for your arrest?  Is your entire family going to divorce you?  Most importantly, can you sleep at night?

And my waiter got a big fat tip.

I wonder if your waiter cared about your shirt?  

On 1/8/2023 at 11:09 PM, DaKahuna said:

It’s not the clothes, it the failure to follow the guidelines. 

There are no dress code. Therefore everyone is compliant with their casual dress. 

For example: the "guidance" is that everyone in crowded conditions wear a mask... how many people on a cruise ship wears a mask?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

If the staff says it's OK, well I'm OK.

Had a new shirt shrink on me before I took it on a cruise.  Unfortunately it was the only clean nice shirt I had.  Couldn't even get my shoulders into it.  Wore my nicest t-shirt to Chops.  Explained my situation, offered to cancel.  They had no problem seating me. 

No one died.  No one lost their dinner.  Women and children didn't run screaming from Chops.  

And my waiter got a big fat tip.

Mine always shrink sometime during the cruise. 😁

Well, none of this matters to me anymore.  I'm going to win the Mega Lottery tonight and I'll just buy a ship and wear whatever I want to at any of the dining venues I want.  Yep, even my Leopard Skin Thong Speedo.  

To everybody:  Don't bother buying any tickets for tonight's draw, I've got this!

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Well, none of this matters to me anymore.  I'm going to win the Mega Lottery tonight and I'll just buy a ship and wear whatever I want to at any of the dining venues I want.  Yep, even my Leopard Skin Thong Speedo.  

To everybody:  Don't bother buying any tickets for tonight's draw, I've got this!

If you are wearing a Leopard Skin Thong Speedo then you'll most likely be the only one in the dining venues or on the entire ship. That's if you were to invite anyone to join you on your ship. 😁

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you are wearing a Leopard Skin Thong Speedo then you'll most likely be the only one in the dining venues or on the entire ship. That's if you were to invite anyone to join you on your ship. 😁

All are welcome.  Uh, come on, I'm just a cute, old, harry, fat fuzzball.  That shouldn't cause a human stampede.  Should it/could it?

• Haha 1