Flightease problem - entire American Airlines itinerary cancelled

We were before final payment and our return flights from Madrid to Florida changed a couple times.  Each time, there was a delay for Flightease to get the new flights, although I could see them right away on AA's app and website.  After they cancelled a flight coming into Sarasota (SRQ) from Charlotte, they rebooked us with a 7 hour layover in Charlotte.  I chatted with AA online and they changed our final leg into SRQ to an earlier flight from CLT to SRQ, that was only a 1:01 layover and not shown on the available connections when searching from MAD to SRQ. This was before final payment still.  Flightease never got the new flights transferred into their system from AA, although it was on my record locator on AA for a couple weeks.  Now when I look at the AA record, the entire itinerary has been cancelled.  HAL tells the TA that flight changes were made and to wait for change to come through from American, but I feel the problem is much bigger than that because AA says I have no flights.

I have now made final payment, but AA has no flight for me. Surely American cancelled the itinerary.

Anyone have an issue like this?  

Edited by Native Floridian 26

I must be the only person this has happened to based on the lack of response.  I just chatted with American again, and they said the reservation was cancelled due to non-payment.  Which brings me to the question, when does Holland pay for the flights?  I paid for the airfare with my final payment.

• Like 2

HAL usually pays about 30 days prior.   You need to get your TA involved.  I did have a flight completely cancelled by a HAL flight ease agent.  My TA got involved and they reinstated, at the much higher rate, at no cost to me.  

• Like 1

Thank

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

HAL usually pays about 30 days prior.   You need to get your TA involved.  I did have a flight completely cancelled by a HAL flight ease agent.  My TA got involved and they reinstated, at the much higher rate, at no cost to me.  

Thanks.  Unfortunately, the agency is closed today, but I've emailed them with the chat.  HAL keeps telling them to wait for updated flights to come through, but there are no flights according to AA.  Yes, I'll insist on reinstated flights at the rate I paid. Of course they've gone up.

This is a very common thing happening with Flightease, If it before your penalty with HAL? I would cancel the flights and just book directly with American Airlines. You will then have control of your flights. I have seen many times where Flightease just cancels the air if they see a change then passes off that the airline did this where in fact it was Flightease that canceled the flight. I could be wrong but I think they have agents that go in when there is changes and just cancels and looks for cheaper flights allowing Flight Ease to make more money. Often times flights are canceled when there was not change by the airlines and or was already corrected by the airlines then after they cancel this they cannot find a flight. Trust me there are so many horror stories with Flightease and Princess EZ Air (they are one in the same) When you do attempt to call Flightease you are calling a call center in the Phillipines some work at the call center while others work from home where you often hear farm animals. But sadly many times nothings gets accomplished and it is just all things that should not have happened. If you can cancel and book yourself please do. This way if there is a last minute flight cancellation while enroute you are in control with the airline. If booked through Flightease it is a third party vendor and the airline many times will not talk to you especially if the third party vendor (HAL FLightease) made the changes.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

This is a very common thing happening with Flightease, If it before your penalty with HAL? I would cancel the flights and just book directly with American Airlines. You will then have control of your flights. I have seen many times where Flightease just cancels the air if they see a change then passes off that the airline did this where in fact it was Flightease that canceled the flight. I could be wrong but I think they have agents that go in when there is changes and just cancels and looks for cheaper flights allowing Flight Ease to make more money. Often times flights are canceled when there was not change by the airlines and or was already corrected by the airlines then after they cancel this they cannot find a flight. Trust me there are so many horror stories with Flightease and Princess EZ Air (they are one in the same) When you do attempt to call Flightease you are calling a call center in the Phillipines some work at the call center while others work from home where you often hear farm animals. But sadly many times nothings gets accomplished and it is just all things that should not have happened. If you can cancel and book yourself please do. This way if there is a last minute flight cancellation while enroute you are in control with the airline. If booked through Flightease it is a third party vendor and the airline many times will not talk to you especially if the third party vendor (HAL FLightease) made the changes.  

So far, American has chatted with me even though I tell them the resy is through my cruiseline.  Now I just have to deal through my Travel Agent, and I hate not having control.  I'm just under 90 days and have made my final payment.  Can't book through  airlines, because this is a one way transatlantic flight.  My FE fare is $306PP and AA charges $3K for the same fare.  Even going with discount airlines, it'll be more once you add luggage and additional flights to get you to their cities.

2 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

So far, American has chatted with me even though I tell them the resy is through my cruiseline.  Now I just have to deal through my Travel Agent, and I hate not having control.  I'm just under 90 days and have made my final payment.  Can't book through  airlines, because this is a one way transatlantic flight.  My FE fare is $306PP and AA charges $3K for the same fare.  Even going with discount airlines, it'll be more once you add luggage and additional flights to get you to their cities.

That is too bad the price is such a huge difference, you are lucky AA talked to you but sounds like you need to talk with HAL. To be truthful your TA is not going to get any further than you will they will get the same run around. But you do need to get this fixed right away the sooner the better since they did totally cancel your flight. Don't be surprised if they don't try to place you on flights that are not nearly has good as you had previously chosen and different airlines . Sadly sometimes price is not worth the hassle and possible continued problems. You can try calling 800-628-4771 and see if you can get someone to assist with HAL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

That is too bad the price is such a huge difference, you are lucky AA talked to you but sounds like you need to talk with HAL. To be truthful your TA is not going to get any further than you will they will get the same run around. But you do need to get this fixed right away the sooner the better since they did totally cancel your flight. Don't be surprised if they don't try to place you on flights that are not nearly has good as you had previously chosen and different airlines . Sadly sometimes price is not worth the hassle and possible continued problems. You can try calling 800-628-4771 and see if you can get someone to assist with HAL.

FlightEase won't talk to me when they see I'm booked with an agent. 

36 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

FlightEase won't talk to me when they see I'm booked with an agent. 

They say that but that is not true, HAL allows you to book this yourself on line a Travel Agent can assist but Flightease is technically between the passenger and Flight Ease. Air is not commissionable to the Travel Agent nor Agency makes no money from the flights. The line they give is their typical line they use when they do not want to handle a problem. Flight Ease is a Third party vendor assoicated with Holland America, they use different names depending on the cruise line they are dealing with. There was a time that HAL had employees that did the Air and worked and lived in Seattle but that is no longer the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

When you do attempt to call Flightease you are calling a call center in the Phillipines some work at the call center while others work from home where you often hear farm animals.

That may be luck of the draw.   I have mainly reached people living in Los Angeles.  

Flight Ease will talk to you but if you are using an agent I see no reason to deal with their mistakes, let your agent do it.   
I use Flight Ease with American often.  It has always worked out for us.  

• Like 2

Thanks to you all for telling me that Flightease should speak with me directly.  I called and a nice lady was able to rebook me flights for the same price.  The original flights were not available but I was able to change my return to be Tampa instead of Sarasota, which opened up better connections.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Does Early Ticketing cost anything?  I requested it and my new flight total went up in price.

Anytime after final and you have paid in fully you can request ticketing. The keyword here is REQUEST because they unfortunately do not always do as requested but I have seen them do it early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In November I requested ticketing on the HAL site via their on-line button.  Surprisingly(lol) it actually happened about 24 hours later.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I realize in the current state of cruising November is a lifetime ago.

ETA:  Mine is for a June sailing.  Long story why I chose this route

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1