Windstar "Any Reason Cruise Credit"

yeah!!!

Is anyone familiar with the Windstar "Any Reason Cruise Credit"?  My understanding is in the event I cannot make the cruise, I will receive a credit to use for future cruises.  The website states "For Minnesota, Missouri, and New York residents only, the Any Reason Cruise Credits can be purchased separate from the Travel Insurance Benefits."

Windstar won't speak to me about it because I booked through a travel agent, and my travel agent seems unfamiliar with it, and will only sell the "Any Reason Cruise Credit" with complete travel insurance, which is not what I need.

Thanks

I finally found someone to speak with me at Windstar.  They stated the price for the "Any Reason Cruise Credit" is 3% the cost of the cruise and will provide 90% of the cruise fare as a future credit.

Edited by yeah!!!

25 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

I finally found someone to speak with me at Windstar.  They stated the price for the "Any Reason Cruise Credit" is 3% the cost of the cruise and will provide 90% of the cruise fare as a future credit.

That sounds like a good deal.  CFAR insurance usually costs a lot more than that and rarely offers more than 75%.

40 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That sounds like a good deal.  CFAR insurance usually costs a lot more than that and rarely offers more than 75%.

The difference is that third-party insurance with CFAR refunds in cash; however, people who live in states where CFAR is restricted  have few choices. I’m guessing that the OP will still have to buy a comprehensive travel policy to cover standard cancellation and other travel risks as well as medical/evacuation.

For anyone booking a cruise with FCC, it might be useful to know that they can be insured as a form of payment; but the initial deposit date is set by the original cruise so CFAR is not available for the replacement because the initial deposit date now falls outside of the time-sensitive window.

2 hours ago, Babr said:

I’m guessing that the OP will still have to buy a comprehensive travel policy to cover standard cancellation and other travel risks as well as medical/evacuation.

I don't need to purchase any travel insurance or medical evacuation.  My airfare and hotel is refundable, and my American Express card will cover medical evacuation. 

26 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

I don't need to purchase any travel insurance or medical evacuation.  My airfare and hotel is refundable, and my American Express card will cover medical evacuation. 

And your primary medical insurance will cover any medical expenses in case of illness, injury, or accident?

40 minutes ago, Babr said:

And your primary medical insurance will cover any medical expenses in case of illness, injury, or accident?

Yes, my medical insurance will cover any medical costs, worldwide.