If you RECENTLY filed with Allianz.. how long did it take you to get your refund back?

• 4 weeks later...

It's only been about 30 days since your last post asking this question. With everything going on, I would expect that it will be 90 to 120 days. Is that acceptable to the consumer? Not to me. However, it is what it is.

Each state has it's own commissioner who regulates insurance sold in that state. My state (Washington) has a regulation that within 30 days of a claim being filed, the insurance company must have responded. (How much bite that holds is unknown to me). However, after 45 days, I filed a complaint with my state insurance commission. They did send a letter to the insurance company. Whether that helped speed up the process or what, I don't know.

I searched to the best of my ability on the Florida Insurance commission site and could not find the time limits that I was search for. Doesn't mean it's not there, I just couldn't find it.

If nothing else, file a complaint. Here's the website for Florida residents.

Home (floir.com)

• 1 month later...

It took me about 1 1/2 weeks. I got cancer and had to cancel my cruise in January 2020. Got everything back and received a check in the mail or I could have it deposited in my bank account. Easy peezy. Just make sure you have your documents and proof. I also had cancel for any reason added on my policy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to book with Travel guard but now they are allianz and just from listening to their announcements prior to buying new insurance they sound more difficult to use.  Has anone been able to confirm this?

On 2/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, klfrodo said:

It's only been about 30 days since your last post asking this question. With everything going on, I would expect that it will be 90 to 120 days. Is that acceptable to the consumer? Not to me. However, it is what it is.

Each state has it's own commissioner who regulates insurance sold in that state. My state (Washington) has a regulation that within 30 days of a claim being filed, the insurance company must have responded. (How much bite that holds is unknown to me). However, after 45 days, I filed a complaint with my state insurance commission. They did send a letter to the insurance company. Whether that helped speed up the process or what, I don't know.

I searched to the best of my ability on the Florida Insurance commission site and could not find the time limits that I was search for. Doesn't mean it's not there, I just couldn't find it.

If nothing else, file a complaint. Here's the website for Florida residents.

Home (floir.com)

I did the same, filed a complaint with the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services as well as the state AG and the Better Business Bureau on March 29th. This was after Aon took over 9 months to decide anything on my trip interruption claim. 

Fascinatingly, they decided on my cabin mate's case the next day - denied - and mine three days later. Aon "settled" my claim for a fraction of what I believe I was owed. I'm in the process of appealing the decision now, but I learned never to buy insurance through the cruise company.