Explorer Singapore to Sydney, Dec 12 to 29th

After reading many negative posts about Regent I thought I'll post my thoughts on our latest cruise. We started in Singapore where we spent three days as part of the precruise tour. We stayed at the Fairmont which was a great hotel (great location and service) and had a wonderful guide to take us places. It was a very good tour. The only negative and it was not Regent's fault because the local tour company chooses the restaurant was the last dinner at the Grand Shanghai hotel. The food was not of Regent's quality. We went from Singapore to Sydney. We visited Java, Bali, Subaraya, and several ports in Australia. While I found Java disappointing because there isn't much to see, Subaraya and Bali were very nice as the Australian ports. Food and service were top notch. We didn't lack anything. I should add we are platinum and we reconnected with many crew. The GM was wonderful. We had dinner with him and the captain and in my opinion he's one of the best. Andy Heath was the CD and he and his wife (social hostess) were awesome. The entertainment was excellent. The Regent dancers and singers were wonderful. I just saw a complain in Facebook because we missed Brisbane and Thursday island. Well, Brisbane cancelled us because they stopped using the port we were supposed to dock in. Thursday island had to be cancelled because the waters were too rough for the tenders. It was a matter of safety. I can't find a thing Regent did wrong or was not to our expectations. No,, I don't think Regent has gone down. This was one of best cruises and everything was as expected and top notch. I realize we all have different expectations but let's be realistic. The world has changed and Regent as well as hotels, airlines, etc are doing the best. Sometimes getting the right supplies is beyond their ability. We were very happy with our cruise and are looking forward to our next one next Summer.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, forevertravel said:

After reading many negative posts about Regent I thought I'll post my thoughts on our latest cruise. We started in Singapore where we spent three days as part of the precruise tour. We stayed at the Fairmont which was a great hotel (great location and service) and had a wonderful guide to take us places. It was a very good tour. The only negative and it was not Regent's fault because the local tour company chooses the restaurant was the last dinner at the Grand Shanghai hotel. The food was not of Regent's quality. We went from Singapore to Sydney. We visited Java, Bali, Subaraya, and several ports in Australia. While I found Java disappointing because there isn't much to see, Subaraya and Bali were very nice as the Australian ports. Food and service were top notch. We didn't lack anything. I should add we are platinum and we reconnected with many crew. The GM was wonderful. We had dinner with him and the captain and in my opinion he's one of the best. Andy Heath was the CD and he and his wife (social hostess) were awesome. The entertainment was excellent. The Regent dancers and singers were wonderful. I just saw a complain in Facebook because we missed Brisbane and Thursday island. Well, Brisbane cancelled us because they stopped using the port we were supposed to dock in. Thursday island had to be cancelled because the waters were too rough for the tenders. It was a matter of safety. I can't find a thing Regent did wrong or was not to our expectations. No,, I don't think Regent has gone down. This was one of best cruises and everything was as expected and top notch. I realize we all have different expectations but let's be realistic. The world has changed and Regent as well as hotels, airlines, etc are doing the best. Sometimes getting the right supplies is beyond their ability. We were very happy with our cruise and are looking forward to our next one next Summer.

Thank you for posting this, we will be doing the Sydney to Bali cruise and I was beginning to get worried at so much negativity, this will be our first cruise with Regent after it being cancelled twice due to Covid! Just looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise, with some delicious food, and hopefully meeting some nice fellow cruisers and visiting some great places 🤞