MSC Euribia

Preziosa

• 3 months later...

Good to hear from someone who will be on the maiden voyage.  Some friends and my DW+myself will be on this ship 3 weeks after you do.  Hope all ship operations will be running smoothly for you. 

Do you plan to log some notes here during your sailing?  Up to now, the MSC website still says that the ship will make a port call at Hellesylt/Geiranger, but what I can find everywhere else online says the ship will dock at Hellesylt 9am-8pm. I am betting the latter is correct and have planned excursions accordingly. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, Preziosa said:

Yes, and I Will Be there. Funny to see the christening and then Be on the first sailing in the Yacht Club.

The christening will be on the 8th in Copenhagen not in Kiel (on the 10th).

steamboats

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 1:34 PM, Preziosa said:

I Will try to put some words here during the Cruise.

Hi Preziosa,

How do you plan for the excursions at Hellesylt/Geiranger?  Have you signed up for any offered by MSC?

I will be sailing a few weeks later than yours.  I am assuming that Euribia will be docking at Hellesylt 9am-8pm, so I have booked round trip local ferry rides between Hellesylt and Geiranger and a bus tour to 2 view points at Geiranger. 

Up to now, the MSC website still says the ship will visit Hellesylt/Geiranger which traditionally means the ship will stop at Hellesylt to let out some tourists who have booked excursions from there and then the ship continue to sail to Geiranger.  All excursions posted at the MSC site seem to be based on this but I don’t think it is true. 

Could you drop a note to clarify the above issue once you know the detail before/during your sailing?  TIA. 

On 5/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, Preziosa said:

I know, but We are from Denmark and live just 300 km from Copehagen and 225 km from Kiel. So We Can drive in Our car to both places.

BTW in the meantime the cruise out of Kiel on June 10th isn´t the first bookable cruise anymore. Now you can book a 2-nighter out of Copenhagen starting June 9th to Kiel and back to Copenhagen.

MSC cancelled the 1-nighter from Kiel to Kopenhagen and offered all passengers the 2-nighter out of Copenhagen.

steamboats.

Yes I know. We are Very sad that We now not Will Be the first boarding passengers. but We Will still Be the first in Our cabin because We are boarding in Kiel.

I Will let you know How They Will handle Geiranger.

3 hours ago, Preziosa said:

but We Will still Be the first in Our cabin because We are boarding in Kiel.

You may be the first paying passenger in your cabin 😉 - but as there is the christening cruise starting on June 6th in Amsterdam til either June 9th or 10th there might have been someone in your cabin already.

steamboats

12 hours ago, Preziosa said:

I Don t Think, We have an inside. The invited guests Will for sure Be in the balcony cabins

It depends... on the MSC Grandiosa we had an outside and some even had an inside.

steamboats

On 5/26/2023 at 12:34 PM, JollyFish said:

Hi Preziosa,

How do you plan for the excursions at Hellesylt/Geiranger?  Have you signed up for any offered by MSC?

I will be sailing a few weeks later than yours.  I am assuming that Euribia will be docking at Hellesylt 9am-8pm, so I have booked round trip local ferry rides between Hellesylt and Geiranger and a bus tour to 2 view points at Geiranger. 

Up to now, the MSC website still says the ship will visit Hellesylt/Geiranger which traditionally means the ship will stop at Hellesylt to let out some tourists who have booked excursions from there and then the ship continue to sail to Geiranger.  All excursions posted at the MSC site seem to be based on this but I don’t think it is true. 

Could you drop a note to clarify the above issue once you know the detail before/during your sailing?  TIA. 

When I was on the Meraviglia, I stopped by future cruises desk to ask about the Hellesylt/Geiringer stop and was told they will arrive Hellesylt at 9 am to drop off people with excursions and then go to Geiringer arriving at 11 am so hope that helps answer any questions.  This was for the sailing August 12 from Kiel

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mimala said:

When I was on the Meraviglia, I stopped by future cruises desk to ask about the Hellesylt/Geiringer stop and was told they will arrive Hellesylt at 9 am to drop off people with excursions and then go to Geiringer arriving at 11 am so hope that helps answer any questions.  This was for the sailing August 12 from Kiel

Thanks for the info.

Your info confirms the additional research I did online.  The port of call of Euribia at Hellesylt/Geiranger this year is rather confusing.  Out of the 16 sailings in the region, 10 of them follow the schedule you described and the other 6 will dock at Hellesylt from 9am and 8 pm.  The rule of thumb should be to trust the itinerary published at the MSC website for each sailing, supplemented with the 11am arrival info at Geiranger from you for those sailings that have the port of call marked as Hellesylt/Geiranger. 

Thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...

MSC Euribia in Copenhagen 08/06. Nieuw Statendam was "blocking" the front (although she left when we were leaving the port), so was only able to get decent pictures from this angle 😝

20230608_173932.thumb.jpg.e3cf082cc346370e4714d43f2db30766.jpg20230608_174052.thumb.jpg.bc5ec241090c5f61156b0c5fb1215d1e.jpg

• Like 3