No response for Shareholders Benefit

Ski Mom 2

Help! I have emailed three times to ShareholderBenefit@oceaniacuises.com

with my information and proof of ownership and still no response. Nothing under my account and we sail on January 18, 2023. Any other ideas on what to do? I’m really looking forward to our $250 credit!

1 minute ago, Robjame said:

Get your TA involved. This is when they are most valuable with the power of their agency behind you.

I did speak to my TA but she said she would not be able to help me out. 

1 hour ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

I did speak to my TA but she said she would not be able to help me out. 

Wow. That is curious. Why?

Ours jumped right in and solved it. A call to the agency higher ups might be in order IMO

I believe that Oceania may not email you back their response to your request. And also you’ll not be able to see this credit on your online account. Ask your TA to email you the guest copy of your Oceania invoice (not their travel agency invoice). It might be that the credit has been already posted on your invoice.

It could also be that you booked a fare that is not combinable with the shareholder benefit.  We booked a Florida Residents' fare.  When I first submitted my shareholder benefit request I did not receive a response nor credit in my online account.  When I resubmitted it, I received a response that it was not combinable with my fare type.

In our experience, they don't reply. However, the credit appears at some moment on the web booking in a rather strangely worded fashion that gives no hint as to what it actually is. The amount will make it clear, if nothing else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, osandomir said:

I believe that Oceania may not email you back their response to your request. And also you’ll not be able to see this credit on your online account. Ask your TA to email you the guest copy of your Oceania invoice (not their travel agency invoice). It might be that the credit has been already posted on your invoice.

Not true. You do get an email back saying the credit has been applied and it does show up online in your booking.

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Not true. You do get an email back saying the credit has been applied and it does show up online in your booking.

That wasn’t in our case. And we received the credit that only was visible on the invoice and not on the online account. Definitely, your experience was different. It doesn’t mean that ours isn’t true. That’s why I said “it might be…” and suggested to check the invoice.

Well I’ve emailed the next up at O and she said she would work on it. Waiting for her response now. Not sure what will happen but my DH says it better appear if O wants us to continue sailing with them 🤣 (this is our first cruise on O). (My TA is currently cruising.)

Thanks y’all!

Edited by Ski Mom 2

4 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I've sometimes received the email as a new invoice but always received the credit even if no email.  Usually within 24hrs.  Once it did take two days.

I sent my shareholders rewards benefits form and attachments on Dec 19 and have heard nothing for my Feb 7 cruise.

Today, I called Oceania and had a very helpful representative work with me who finally was able to confirm the $250 benefit is in my account.

You need to call Oceania directly!!!

13 hours ago, davencl said:

FWIW when I received an email it said nothing about the benefit.  It was an email with invoices attached.  You just have to know it's related, check the invoice to see if it's added.

This is how it worked for me too. I send the form and brokerage statement, the next day they sent me what looked like an automated message with the invoice for the cruise attached (which is paid in full). But if you go to like the fourth page or whatever, there's a listing of the shipboard credits, and in addition to OLife, it says shareholder credit now too.

An odd way to notify people about this, but on the other hand, nice to have updated official paperwork. I noticed the dining reservations were listed on the official invoice now too. (Not the culinary class bookings though.)

--Julian

Well low and behold my TA forwarded me a new statement from O today and our shareholders benefit is listed! Yeah!

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions and helpful information to share. I appreciate it!