Status Match

Chefaleslie

2 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

Maybe I already have 1 star and didn't realize it. When I login to HAL this is what it shows. Is the star below 0 credits the 1 star indicator?

image.png.b18b5feda96f4b8e02f324c49633986b.png

Here is what mine looks like having never used HAL before but properly linked with Princess, where I have cruised before:

image.png.21bee2df4853a9d669a4885cb399369d.png

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

Sadly, other than giving a one-star status early.

Like others I have asked different line representatives in the past and have gotten multiple answers.

The most common one is all lines figure your status different. Some use days sailed; others use days sailed plus bonus point for onboard spending or booking a suite.

The second most common was each line wants you to sail with them not their competitors.

It would be nice to see a partnerships between the cruise lines similar to airlines, but I don't expect it anytime soon. Till CCL corporate sees an advantage to matching benefits between the different lines under their umbrella we will never see a change.

No offense, but doing a status match between CCL lines would result in a huge rebellion.  

Example: think laundry....on the typical Princess sailing there are several hundred Elite (this is under the current system) who receive free laundry benefits.  They already must send in their laundry about 72 hours before they want it back.  If you had status match and the number of elite rose to 1000 or more, you would have to send your laundry in when you boarded the ship.  Even then it would be dodgy getting things back before your sailing ended.

For those touting the MSC status match, I am pretty sure it only lasts 3 months...then you must resubmit.  And, having just finished my first sailing on their new Seascape, know that it was my first and last.  Over 5000 people do not find their way around quickly, the buffet system is crowded, the elevators are not friendly to North American passengers, the beds are hard, the staff is friendly and competent.  Movies in room are $10. each, whereas we were used to free, on demand choices.  They have several rough edges that need smoothing off.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, lissie said:

I think it's the opposite.  On Cunard as soon as I got to 20 nights I got $45 internet credit - now at 70 nights I get $80 credit and 20% of laundry.  On HAL I'd have to get 500 nights before I   got $30 internet credit - that's an insult frankly.  I'd have to do 200 nights just to get some meaningful benefits like 50% off some  wine packages and priority tendering/embarkation 

Minor correction, the perks are based on the star program which does not need match actual nights sailed, since star status includes onboard spending in the calculation.

• 5 months later...

A few years ago, we attended a presentation on board a cruise by the HAL president at the time. This matching question came up, but only asking about across the Carnival Corp brands. He said that the senior managers have often discussed the desirability of matching, but they could never agree on a matching system. In other words, for example, perhaps Seabourn said that one cruise day credit on Princess should be worth 0.75 days on Seabourn, but Princess forcefully did not agree. Multiply that by the combinations of all nine brands and you can see the problem. He said that the senior executives every time just gave up.

In my opinion, someone (the head dude at Carnival Corp) needs to clunk all their heads together. Get some worker bees tasked to create two or three options, present them to the seniors and then decide on something. This is a management problem.

11 hours ago, wandrr said:

A few years ago, we attended a presentation on board a cruise by the HAL president at the time. This matching question came up, but only asking about across the Carnival Corp brands. He said that the senior managers have often discussed the desirability of matching, but they could never agree on a matching system. In other words, for example, perhaps Seabourn said that one cruise day credit on Princess should be worth 0.75 days on Seabourn, but Princess forcefully did not agree. Multiply that by the combinations of all nine brands and you can see the problem. He said that the senior executives every time just gave up.

In my opinion, someone (the head dude at Carnival Corp) needs to clunk all their heads together. Get some worker bees tasked to create two or three options, present them to the seniors and then decide on something. This is a management problem.

Seems like a perfect point to how MSC has different points awarded based on experience which aligns fairly well with how CCL could easily divide its lines

IMG_0023.thumb.jpeg.72c8a65fdc6033a13464f209e62dc2de.jpegIMG_0023.thumb.jpeg.72c8a65fdc6033a13464f209e62dc2de.jpeg

Now with an integrated program CCL could start having some real fun with promotions and even borrow from Hyatt where they could offer some sort of special Brand Explorer award/status to encourage trying different brands (And encouraging those cruising Carnival to move up to other brands).

18 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Being an elite on princess and 5 star on Hal I hope they don't do that.  I gained all my perks the old fashioned way, by having my butt in a bed and not in a suite earning double.

If they matched, you might be President's Club on HAL, or perhaps 6* if they ever decide to offer some real perq's.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:00 PM, pghflyer said:

Here is what mine looks like having never used HAL before but properly linked with Princess, where I have cruised before:

image.png.21bee2df4853a9d669a4885cb399369d.png

You are 1 star:

Look in the circle on the left - there is 1 star.

Look just to the right of the circle  - the ribbon says 1 star under "Mariner ID" and below the ribbon tells you the number of credits needed to reach 2 star

Look to the far right of the ribbon - your next level is shown, so deducting 1 gives you your current Mariner star status