Rooftop restaurant recommendations?

audome78

On our last visit to SJ in 2019, we are at a rooftop restaurant on top of the Hotel Milano. That restaurant has since closed. So I'm looking for any recommendations for a rooftop restaurant in old San Juan.

All help is welcomed.

There are several around the San Juan Area.   Many  are in Condado and Isla Verde.  But The Bar Catedral on top of the Decanter Hotel on Calle Luna and La Verguenza on Calle Tanca are two in old San Juan.   We like La Gratis Yaz, which sits on a hill overlooking the ocean on the other side of San Cristobal.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

There are several around the San Juan Area.   Many  are in Condado and Isla Verde.  But The Bar Catedral on top of the Decanter Hotel on Calle Luna and La Verguenza on Calle Tanca are two in old San Juan.   We like La Gratis Yaz, which sits on a hill overlooking the ocean on the other side of San Cristobal.

Than you! Our group was looking at Eter... Any experience there?

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We will continue to miss the covid closed restaurant Punto de Vista on top of the Milano Hotel...it was such a favorite of ours for great food and happy hour drinks.

Agreed. Marvelous food and ambiance. The ambiance was enhanced by the elevator ride 😉

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:13 AM, crewsweeper said:

Crewsweeper! You answered so many questions for me back in 2011 when I first joined CC and was planning a special surprise cruise for my wife on Carnival Dream. We even met a few times during that cruise. So good to see a post from you again! Now I'm working on cruise #23 next month and was looking for a good recommendation for a rooftop bar or restaurant in San Juan to visit in the mid-afternoon while we're in port. The bar on top of the Decanter Hotel looks perfect. It's open to anyone, not just guests of the hotel? No reservation needed?

58 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Crewsweeper! You answered so many questions for me back in 2011 when I first joined CC and was planning a special surprise cruise for my wife on Carnival Dream. We even met a few times during that cruise. So good to see a post from you again! Now I'm working on cruise #23 next month and was looking for a good recommendation for a rooftop bar or restaurant in San Juan to visit in the mid-afternoon while we're in port. The bar on top of the Decanter Hotel looks perfect. It's open to anyone, not just guests of the hotel? No reservation needed?

Also consider the roof bar at LV, they have light finger food to go with afternoon drinks.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:51 AM, EMc&DrS said:

@EMc&DrS  So nice to hear from you again.   You may wish to try contacting the Decanter Hotel and see.  Never ate there.  Just listed it a a place in OSJ with roof top restaurant and bar.  We've gone to only Punto de Vista and La Gratis Yaz, where we'll be going again in February.  Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 9:24 AM, crewsweeper said:

They're on FB you can ask.   We just walk in.  But only 2 of us.

UPDATE!!!!!

we were on San Juan 2 days ago. We walked all the way up the hill and found La Garita.

CLOSED!!!?😱😱😱

the Three day Feast of San Sebastian ended the night before. Nearly everything was closed. From the looks of the LaPerla neighborhood, it must have been a hell of a party!!!

We found a few bars open and ended up"outside" at Barrachina. Not a but option.

But La Garita definitely looked like a great place.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 9:47 AM, crewsweeper said:

@EMc&DrS  So nice to hear from you again.   You may wish to try contacting the Decanter Hotel and see.  Never ate there.  Just listed it a a place in OSJ with roof top restaurant and bar.  We've gone to only Punto de Vista and La Gratis Yaz, where we'll be going again in February.  Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

Per your advice I checked with Decanter Hotel. The rooftop is available to non-guests, but unfortunately, they don't open until 4 or 5 PM, and we have to be back onboard by 4 PM. Maybe next time....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...