Hotel in Vancouver Canada

omapa

21 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

The first time we stayed in Vancouver we stayed at the Pan Pacific and it was nice, and very convenient.  It was also very expensive.  

Our second time, this past September, we stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel and loved it.  It was fully half the cost of the Pan Pacific.  We had a corner room which gave us a view to the waterfront.  It was a 5 minute walk to the waterfront, and maybe a 10 minute drive to the port. We are booked to stay there again before our next cruise.  I would recommend it. 

I looked at the Coast Coal Harbour and the dates I will be there, the price is the same as Pan Pacific. Thanks for recommendation.

Edited by Coral

31 minutes ago, pirate4sail said:

We used Priceline and did 4 star mystery hotel. Got the auberge hotel right by the pier at a much more reasonable price than the fairmont. Just a suggestion.

How much are you paying for the hotel? I used to use Hotwire and Priceline a lot, especially in Vancouver. I had gotten everything from Fairmont, Pan Pacific, hotel that was Renaissance hotel (not sure what it is now) and Hyatt.

I am not familiar with Auberge hotel. It looks nice!

There used to be great websites for Hotwire and Priceline that helped people figure out what the hotels were or tracked which hotels were picked and these sites either no longer exist or are incredible outdated.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, ceilidh1 said:

If you want "low cost" you won't find it in the Downtown/close to port area.

There are still some good deals, if you don't mind not being at an international chain hotel.  I'm from Victoria and I visit Vancouver frequently.  We usually stay at the Barclay Hotel on Robson Street, and usually pay around $80-100 CAD in the summer and around $50-$70 in the off season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pirate4sail said:

Coral. We paid $247 cad a night with Priceline for auberge hotel (mystery hotel) and we are on the May Alaska Princess cruise also it was 4 star express deal

Definitely a deal! Looks like a great hotel! Hotel looks beautiful.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1