11:00 am out of Ft. Lauderdale

Enchantment 04

We had a flight out last year at 11:30..We had a porter find our bags, (10.00 tip) grab us a taxi and we were at the airport at 9:30..I like to fly earlier because when you get to FLL airport earlier, before hundreds of cruisers, it is not to bad. :p

I'll be the first to say it, but an 11:00 flight might be cutting it close. All it takes is that one family not to report to customs for everything to be screwed up and at that point 11:00 will be tough to make. And then it also all depends on how many ships are in port that day.

Personally I'd go for nothing earlier than noon and if you make it to FLL early, try to get on that earlier flight.

Getting to FLL is one thing. It can be done relatively quickly, subject to the clearance procedures, etc, as mentioned above.

HOWEVER...once you get there the problems begin. FLL is one of the most disorganized, ineptly run airports I have ever had the misfortune to experience (and I've been to a lot of airports!). Once you get there, getting through the check-in process, baggage screening and security check can be an extremely time consuming and aggravating process. It is utter chaos, and what's more, they don't seem to care.

This is a long-winded way of saying I wouldn't trust them to get you onto a flight before about 1:00 or 1:30, in my experience.

This past August we had a flight scheduled for 1:45 out of FLL & our cruise was in Miami. Ship did not arrive until noon & we were not able to get our luggage until 1pm. Had a cabbie drive like the speed of sound & got us to Miami with 15 minutes to spare. Never know what may happen.

...but there are five other flights out that day so I'm sure we could get on one of those if we don't make the 11:16.

Good planning on your part checking for other outgoing flights just in case.

awesome to have a back up plan.

As others have mentioned here, if all goes well, you should be fine, but let one little thing happen and your in trouble. I had an 11:25 a.m. flight out of Ft. Lauderdale last year after my cruise. I just about made it and we were first called off the ship and were at the airport at 9:15 a.m. With all the extra security, etc., it took so long, it was a mess. I don't book before 12 noon now, its too stressful for me.

I wouldn't even consider a 10:25 a.m. flight, I'd be too stressed out on that one. Good luck.

We are on a 10:25 flight out of FLL--is this feasible?? I am getting very concerned about it.Thanks!

yikes- please packlightly and do self assist= that will be the only way you can make that flight.

Needing 2 hours before your flight-- that means you should be at the airport by 8:25 - you might not even be off the ship til 8:30 using self assist.

Putting your luggage out the night before even with early off tags you leave open a lot could happen if you cant find one bag.

Archived