Travel agent or book through Celebrity?

itsawonderfullife

We have used the same TA for at least 7 cruises.  He gives us great OBC (typically between $700 and $1500) but I am in search of a new TA.  We don’t need much from a TA. I usually specify exactly what I want booked.  Sometimes I have it on hold and get it moved over to him.   

But I am looking for a new TA. Ours has messed up bookings now a couple times. I requested and thought I had booked a certain cabin to find out later (one time when we boarded) that was not the case.  Always too late to get what I originally wanted. And he doesn’t get back to me when he says he will. But on the positive side he was available on weekends

i have learned that I need to make sure he sends me the cruise line invoice. Not just his.

A possible idea which I do often is to book on your own and then offer to a couple agents and ask what they would offer to transfer the reservation to them.   You have to do the transfer within the timeline.   I've even done this using that Competitive Bidding site.    That is where I have found a number of agents that I used for awhile.

That way if you find the offer attractive you could give the agent a try.

• Like 3

@Jim_Iain you have just educated me.  I did a quick internet search using that Competitive Bidding site for cruises (I literally didn't know what you were talking about) and found a site that will be my go to for now on!! I can't believe I had no clue this existed.  I am bummed because I already did final payment for my upcoming ABC islands on Equinox in April and already transferred my booking for October 6 Apex to this other agent I literally can't stand.  I wish I would have known about this sooner. Thank you for your knowledge