What is life like on Virtuosa currently?

sidekick180

1 hour ago, rbates51 said:

Be aware that only in the MDR will they specifically cater for a gluten-free diet, with a separate menu prepared in a separate kitchen. That menu sometimes doesn't include gluten-free items from the main menu - it took some negotiation for my wife to get some sorbet!
The buffet and other restaurants don't have any labelling of allergens and were not willing to discuss options, even for an intolerance rather than an allergy.

The buffet not being willing to discuss options was the complete opposite of my experience. They had burgers available at lunch times and I asked if there were any veggie burgers. There weren't any at the time so they went out of their way to phone in a veggie burger from elsewhere on the ship and and cook it specially for me. They were very kind to do that when they could have just said "sorry, no". 

15 hours ago, Stockjock said:

We got off a few days ago and had a very nice time (NYE cruise).  I'll be writing a comprehensive review soon, but until then, let me/us know if you have any specific questions.

Thank you for your input, and I look forward to reading your review.

In the meantime, can you give me a bit of feedback about the New Years Eve part of your cruise?

I am considering booking for NYE this year, but I have no idea what to expect.

For instance, does the ship stay berthed for the midnight celebrations, is there a firework display in the harbour where they dock, and do they put on a good party? Many thanks

4 hours ago, sidekick180 said:

Thank you for your input, and I look forward to reading your review.

In the meantime, can you give me a bit of feedback about the New Years Eve part of your cruise?

I am considering booking for NYE this year, but I have no idea what to expect.

For instance, does the ship stay berthed for the midnight celebrations, is there a firework display in the harbour where they dock, and do they put on a good party? Many thanks

Just posted a new thread on our NYE celebration on Virtuosa.