Karaoke and silent disco!

Joesantos

Doesn’t it seem a bit like too much karaoke and silent disco onboard RCL these days. I long for the days of live music and dancing opportunities. It’s a very cheap way of saying that there are many activities each night if it’s constantly karaoke, know many love it but pretty boring. Same with silent disco versus a live band or a great dj. 

1 minute ago, Joesantos said:

Doesn’t it seem a bit like too much karaoke and silent disco onboard RCL these days. I long for the days of live music and dancing opportunities. It’s a very cheap way of saying that there are many activities each night if it’s constantly karaoke, know many love it but pretty boring. Same with silent disco versus a live band or a great dj. 

It depends on the cruise director, we had it on 2 of 3 cruises last year.

Karaoke every night may sound a lot except on most nights, participants only get to sing one song before the hour is up. So it's good that they can go every night.   I am not a big fan of silence disco due to Covid risk from lack of social distancing on packed dance floor.

17 hours ago, Joesantos said:

It's much cheaper to put on shows where the passengers (karaoke - silent disco) are the attraction. Live music costs the cruise line more money than having just a host or MC.

The silent disco on Wonder last year was great fun. It happened once a week. There was mediocre bands playing every night somewhere on the ship, most annoyingly on the Royal Promenade. I wish they could have been silent so the rising tides bar or the schooner bar was a nice place to sit. 

• Like 2