Where to get Covid tests in San Pedro, Ca.?

Jemnibabe

Does anyone know where to get rapid Covid tests in San Pedro, Ca. without going out of town?  Please don't suggest doing the home test.  I need to find something for a cruise in March.  Can't believe they are so difficult to find.  Thanks for any help.

Judy from SW Florida

Testing is no longer a requirement from US ports. 

From Princess website-

Our protocols for cruising have been lifted. This means that for most voyages there are no longer vaccination or testing requirements. Read on to learn what you can expect when you sail.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Edited by DHP1

45 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Does anyone know where to get rapid Covid tests in San Pedro, Ca. without going out of town?  Please don't suggest doing the home test.  I need to find something for a cruise in March.  Can't believe they are so difficult to find.  Thanks for any help.

Judy from SW Florida

I would call this place.  Wrote it down, when we did our enhanced voyage from San Pedro. IDK how good they are.

https://www.sanpedrourgentcare.com/

We ended up doing emed instead.

31 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Testing is no longer a requirement from US ports. 

From Princess website-

Our protocols for cruising have been lifted. This means that for most voyages there are no longer vaccination or testing requirements. Read on to learn what you can expect when you sail.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

They still are required for Enhanced Voyages.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

There is also a CVS there, but didn’t contact them.  You can also check with the hotel, as they may know also a place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They still are required for Enhanced Voyages.

True however, the person never mentioned that what type of voyage he/she was on.  

Edited by DHP1

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

There is also a CVS there, but didn’t contact them.  You can also check with the hotel, as they may know also a place.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I called both of those places and it was a big NO.  Haven't tried calling hotel yet.

7 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

True however, the person never mentioned that what type of voyage he/she was on.  

49 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Testing is no longer a requirement from US ports

This statement is not true. 

More importantly, she asked for a place to get a covid test.  Judy knows what type of cruise she is on.

No worries.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

More importantly, she asked for a place to get a covid test.  Judy knows what type of cruise she is on.

No worries.

Thanks Pac, yes I do indeed know what kind of cruise I am on and it does require a covid test.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thanks for your suggestions.  I called both of those places and it was a big NO.  Haven't tried calling hotel yet.

Would you be able to get it before leaving home?   I booked Walgreens at home as a backup. Then, didn’t need it, as we did emed and then I cancelled my appmt.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Would you be able to get it before leaving home?   I booked Walgreens at home as a backup. Then, didn’t need it, as we did emed and then I cancelled my appmt.

I leave the 15th of March.  Cruise is the 17th of March.  Perhaps if I got it late in the day on the 14th, it would count as 3 days??  LOL

You don't call cvs

,You go, to the cvs/covid testing web site

They still do the rapid test but sometimes only show those appointments, a few days in advance

You check the box that says you are worried about a high transmission crowded environment

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No worries.

😪

1 minute ago, Jemnibabe said:

I leave the 15th of March.  Cruise is the 17th of March.  Perhaps if I got it late in the day on the 14th, it would count as 3 days??  LOL

Yes. That’s what we did.  That is within 3 days.  Ours was the 9th and we tested on the 6th.  Perfect.  Anytime that day, it doesn’t have to be late.  We did our tests at 10 am …. 3 days before.  

You’ll probably find a place a lot easier at home.  We had several choices here if we needed it.

Maybe they will change it before March!

😁

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes. That’s what we did.  That is within 3 days.  Ours was the 9th and we tested on the 6th.  Perfect.  Anytime that day, it doesn’t have to be late.  We did our tests at 10 am …. 3 days before.  

You’ll probably find a place a lot easier at home.  We had several choices here if we needed it.

Maybe they will change it before March!

😁

Thank you so much.  That sure eases my mind.  I kept hoping they would drop these tests by then but isn't looking too promising.  Did you do the Hawaii/South Pacific cruise?

Just now, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you so much.  That sure eases my mind.  I kept hoping they would drop these tests by then but isn't looking too promising.  Did you do the Hawaii/South Pacific cruise?

Yes, same one you’re doing!  Have a great time.

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You are too funny!  No worries 

Thanks.
We just came back from Australia and we did our “own RAT test” in our hotel room  (within 24 hours of embarkment) and had the test results within 15 minutes and then we downloaded the results to our app. We brought our own test kits from home (Canada which is acceptable for the Australia government to use).  At check in, Princess never did ask us for our test results. 
To do a medical assisted test takes time and cost plus, you may have to wait for the test results which could take days. Too stressful for me to wait. This bring back to many memories when we were looking for a place in Sydney (website) and then Princess changes the testing requirement. 
I submit the above on my personal thoughts on this topic.  I realize the person is asking “where” do I get tested.  Good luck I’m sure you will find a place. 

Edited by DHP1

What is a Enhanced voyage? Not sure I've heard of that..........

Just want to make sure.......have a cruise out of Seattle in September & want to be ready.

Thanks....................

Sharon

19 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Thanks.
We just came back from Australia and we did our “own RAT test” in our hotel room  (within 24 hours of embarkment) and had the test results within 15 minutes and then we downloaded the results to our app. We brought our own test kits from home (Canada which is acceptable for the Australia government to use).  At check in, Princess never did ask us for our test results. 
To do a medical assisted test takes time and cost plus, you may have to wait for the test results which could take days. Too stressful for me to wait. This bring back to many memories when we were looking for a place in Sydney (website) and then Princess changes the testing requirement. 
I submit the above on my personal thoughts on this topic.  I realize the person is asking “where” do I get tested.  Good luck I’m sure you will find a place. 

Thank you so much for your suggestions.  I already looked them all up and a couple sound promising but think I will do as Pac suggested and get it done at home here in Florida the day before I fly out to Ca.  In the midst of dealing with Hurricane Ian's damages and just don't need one more thing to worry about.  LOL  Wow, do I need this cruise.

• Like 1