Has anyone sailed on Celebrity Millennium recently?

jbinpa

32 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Randy,

Thank you.  Unfortunately, we are in a Sky Suite so no in room alcohol for us 😞  Maybe one of these days a lottery ticket will pay off and I'll do a Royal Suite.  

I will try the Brugal 1888 neat this time around and let you know how it goes.  I have been spoiled by Ron Zacapa 23 and actually prefer it over the Zacapa XO. 

Just keep asking on board. What a great excuse for you to do a personal bar crawl!

Randy

10 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Just keep asking on board. What a great excuse for you to do a personal bar crawl!

As if I needed and excuse.  I figured I'll have at least one drink in every bar by the end of day 2 🙂 

7 hours ago, Moochi said:

There are drinks on the menu call for Brugal Anejo so that one should be available. I didn’t pay attention to better sipping rum. Your best bet will be checking out what Cellar Masters has,  and ask the bartender in Retreat Lounge what they can get for you. Cellar masters does have some good (more expensive) scotch and cognac. 

When at Cellar Masters, say Hello to Maran. She is the Celler "Master" and a very personable hostess.

Hello! I am new in the forum, and I don't know how to open a new topic.

I am searching for a video of the Captain's Navigational talk of 9 March, 2015 (Celebrity Millennium). Has anyone been present in that event at the ship's theatre? Or maybe you know someone who was on the Millennium that day? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, mecha274 said:

Hello! I am new in the forum, and I don't know how to open a new topic.

I am searching for a video of the Captain's Navigational talk of 9 March, 2015 (Celebrity Millennium). Has anyone been present in that event at the ship's theatre? Or maybe you know someone who was on the Millennium that day? Thanks!

go to Boards, choose the cruise line you want, and click on Start a new Topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

As if I needed and excuse.  I figured I'll have at least one drink in every bar by the end of day 2 🙂 

I'm on the the Millie with you. I'm more of a Bourbon or Scotch fan. But have been trying to expand my horizons into Rum. I have a couple of bottles of premium Foursquare rum. One was really good the other was "something is really wrong with this". Looking forward to meeting you.

More from Millennium…

I neglected to mention Osvin, the Retreat manager and Ernest, the cruise director in my earlier posts. Radu, my butler, continues to shine. 

My day was spent oscillating between 2 loungers on the beach at St Kitts Marriott—one in the sun and the other in the shade—and drinking painkillers. It was brutally magnificent. I don’t know what was in those drinks but they were perfect. 

Aszy, our taxi driver to and from the Marriott, is now a new friend. Listening to him speak about his homeland and family was inspiring. 

Dinner at Luminae was great. Ivana, the Sommelier, left a bottle of South African syrah at our table that paired well with my fillet mignon and my wife’s duck breast. The proteins weren’t the highest quality, but they were prepared perfectly. 

So far my on-board Zacapa hunt has come up empty. There was none to be found at the Martini Bar, the Rendezvous Lounge, and Cellar Masters. Apparently during the pandemic, we drank everything over 20 years old and need another 23 years to release more Zacapa rum. 

I believe life is a marathon and not a sprint so I feel undeterred. The Retreat Lounge, Sunset Bar, and Sky Lounge are in my crosshairs and tomorrow is a sea day. Victory will be mine, I will find it… I hope. 

By the way, tonight’s sunset, as seen from the Martini Bar, was accompanied by a green flash. There is no better advertisement of M-class ships connection to the sea than that. 

The better part of our evening has been spent on this magnificent balcony, where my thumbs currently and furiously type this, watching the surf and stars and feeling the slight breeze while sipping on cocktails. I’m sure there’s something going on in the theater and many other venues, but this is all the entertainment that we need. 

Now my thumbs are succumbing to the painkillers, syrah, martinis and Irish Whisky so I will sign off for now. More tomorrow. 

• Like 4

@RichYak  I love a good Syrah so please don’t drink it all!  I usually order that or a Malbec to pair with a good piece of beef. 

Thank you for continuing the hunt on my behalf.  My hopes get lower and lower with each bar crossed off the list.  BTW, should you come across another rum you like while on this journey feel free to speak out! 

I cannot tell you how lucky you are to witness a green flash.  I have seen only one in all my years at sea and that was in 1972 while cruising in the Tonkin Gulf. 

@Keys Kathy I will not be boarding Millie until April 21st and it is my understanding that Marian will be leaving in April so I expect I will not have the opportunity to meet her.

@pat_nm You have me at a disadvantage in that I have never had Foursquare.  I have a nice bottle of Plantation and Bumbu and have gone through my share of Mount Gay.   I am afraid that at last check Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace may be the best we can expect to find in the way of bourbon.  You are on your own when it comes to scotch. I find most of the too peaty or harsh for me. 

Love the Millie. We were on her just before the revolution. And also we’re on her just after the revolution. Love this ship. My DH can be talked into any cruise as long as it is on Celebrity M class. He loves this ship. We love cruising on the M ships. We have been on the infinity, constellation and Millenniumand the Summit.  . They are all great cruises. Loved the change with the revolution. We enjoyed the food and the whole experience. We prefer M class ships. We have always have had Goode experiences on ourcruises on M class  ships.  

Edited by Louhut1
Didn’t finish thought.
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:14 PM, DaKahuna said:

Thanks.  I’ve seen coverage maps for StarLink and it’s really designed for populated area vs the open seas. 

96B93227-748A-47E6-9087-415994B5079E.thumb.jpeg.a81efbd5b9afc68d475990b345b34dd5.jpeg

Well.. it looks like Starlink might not work to well for this ship once it starts its Alaska tours.  

5 hours ago, Kovster said:

Well.. it looks like Starlink might not work to well for this ship once it starts its Alaska tours.  

They are always putting up new satellites and I am not sure how accurate that map is anyway. 

It will be interesting to see reports on coverage from Alaska cruises this year. 

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I’ve run some speed tests during this sailing and the results have been consistent. I have the premium plan. 

C3ED69FE-BBF4-45BB-9DD5-7D0EF26759D5.jpeg

I have No Idea what any of that means?

Is that Good?

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

They are always putting up new satellites and I am not sure how accurate that map is anyway. 

It will be interesting to see reports on coverage from Alaska cruises this year. 

Alaska could be a challenge.

I notice the Land based Satellite dishes up there are pointed straight Horizontal instead of at the Sky.

(US Navy, Vietnam. 1965-68)

Edited by D. B.
added content.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@RichYak What menu is being offered in La Petite Chef on Milli?  Could you ask if they plan to change any time soon?  We are thinking of trying it when we are onboard.

Will do. We’re having dinner there Wednesday night. 

• Thanks 1

Today was a sea day. This ship is far more crowded than I expected. It looked like there were tons of cabins available when I checked last week. I’ll ask about passenger count tomorrow. 

Lunch at Sushi on 5 was great. My wife and I shared 3 rolls—all delicious. 

We don’t normally go to the theater but caught most of tonight’s show Elysiem. The songs and performances were top notch. Kudos to the singers, dancers and aerobatics. 

Then it was off to Tuscan Grill—our first time at this specialty. I’ve read so many mixed reviews about Tuscan so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Well I thought it was fantastic. We shared a couple of appetizers, two small pasta portions, and steaks for our main course. All were excellent. My ribeye was probably the best tasting steak I’ve had on a cruise ship. We might go again. 

Bonaire tomorrow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Lunch at Sushi on 5 was great. My wife and I shared 3 rolls—all delicious. 

We will be eating at Sushi on Five at least twice I suspect.  I am hopeful that it will be open on port days to give us an alternative to the Ocean View Cafe and the Retreat Sun Deck.  Pretty sure we will be staying aboard on our first two ports of call, Cartagenia & Colon. 

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

We don’t normally go to the theater but caught most of tonight’s show Elysiem. The songs and performances were top notch. Kudos to the singers, dancers and aerobatics. 

We will be looking forward to seeing this show. 

20 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Then it was off to Tuscan Grill—our first time at this specialty. I’ve read so many mixed reviews about Tuscan so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Well I thought it was fantastic. We shared a couple of appetizers, two small pasta portions, and steaks for our main course. All were excellent. My ribeye was probably the best tasting steak I’ve had on a cruise ship. We might go again. 

We have dinner reservations for Tuscan Grill on night five of our cruise.  That is usually the night when the Luminae menu is the least attractive to us.  However, we may change that once we see the real menu (they still have a messed up menu in the app - no lunches between day 1 and day 7 and no menu at all after day 7). 

I have always ordered the Branzino when I have dined in Tuscan Grill in the past but I have read so many great reviews about the ribeye I am tempted to get it instead of the filet I was thinking I would order.   I'll let me appetite guide me and order based on how hungry I am.  

Have a great time on Bonaire. 

5 hours ago, D. B. said:

I have No Idea what any of that means?

Is that Good?

A consistent 5 mbps down and 3 mbps up is pretty good by cruise ship standards. But I know Starlink can do far better than this, so either someone is throttling speeds, or there's a lot of traffic.

28 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

A consistent 5 mbps down and 3 mbps up is pretty good by cruise ship standards. But I know Starlink can do far better than this, so either someone is throttling speeds, or there's a lot of traffic.

Probably a Lot of traffic?

Random observation of the day: Andrea, the hotel director, is omnipresent. She seems to be in constant motion, walking around the ship and mingling with passengers. If you ever need to speak with her, just stay in one public area for a short time. She’s bound to pass by you in short order. 

• Thanks 1