Celebrity Retreat vs MSC Yacht Club - reviews?

go.without.you

43 minutes ago, George C said:

No, we got the ten percent off, didn’t get a additional 5 percent to match our diamond status, but the match did give us a dinner in specialty restaurant.

And Butcher’s Cut was very nice.  With YC you get premium wine selection too.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, WonderMan3 said:

If you can get a price that is significantly less than Celebrity then maybe try it out. Wasn't my cup of tea but some others here seem to like it. The specialty restaurants were pretty good although still not as good as Celebrity but much better than the YC dining room.

My comment in a different thread reminded me of our conversation of last month. I think this qualifies as "significantly less than Celebrity" but I'll let you be the judge. Here's what I wrote:

I booked MSC Yacht Club for next Spring out of Brooklyn (close to home). 7 nights on Meraviglia in a Deluxe YC Balcony for $5300. By comparison, for a 7 nighter in a Retreat Sky Suite from Cape Liberty, Celebrity wants $9300. That's 75% more for the un-Revolutionized Eclipse with no Retreat Sundeck. Complete insanity.

EDIT to add: I forgot about the discounts. The MSC Voyager's Club's discount is 5% plus another 5% discount for early booking. So the MSC fare all in was $4800, not $5300. That makes the Celebrity fare 94% higher.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...