Linked reservations question

mspink98

If I link several travel companions' reservations to mine, I know that I'll be able to see theirs, but will they be able to see mine, and perhaps more importantly each others? We only need to link for dining purposes. No one plans on paying for excursions for each other or anything like that. I'm the main planner, so if I can just link to everyone and reserve on their behalf that would be perfect. 

Alternately, has anyone had luck getting a group of several reservations seated together at dinner without formally linking them together? This is fewer than 10 people, but more than a standard 4 or 5 top. My Time Dining. 

12 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

If I link several travel companions' reservations to mine, I know that I'll be able to see theirs, but will they be able to see mine, and perhaps more importantly each others? We only need to link for dining purposes. No one plans on paying for excursions for each other or anything like that. I'm the main planner, so if I can just link to everyone and reserve on their behalf that would be perfect. 

Alternately, has anyone had luck getting a group of several reservations seated together at dinner without formally linking them together? This is fewer than 10 people, but more than a standard 4 or 5 top. My Time Dining. 

On our last cruise, pre-COVID, where we were sailing with friends,  we linked our reservations.  We could not see each others information, other than the reservation number that was used to link our accounts. 

Based on the linking we were seated together at the same table for dinner each night.   

We've had had success working with the maitre D' to arrange for a group dinner.  On our last cruise a couple we met for the first time on the ship arranged for a table for 10 on the last night of the cruise.  A good time was had by all.

We are currently booked & have linked reservations with my BIL & SIL. I can see what they have purchased as far as dining & excursions go, but can't see any of their personal info. When I go to look at new excursions to book, all of our names are listed & I have to select the ones I want to purchase for. My SIL says she can see our reservation as well, & the same info about choosing who to book a new excursion comes up on her end, too. Don't know if that helps you or not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can select others to go with you on excursions but in our experience you had to pay for them.  Don't think it is possible to use another cabin's OBC or credit card to pay for their excursion.

We had mixed experience seeing other folks reservations (spa and excursions).  I could see some of son's excursions and some of DILs excursions but not all.  Could not see DW and DIL excursion even though DW in my cabin.

I linked mine with two other RSVP numbers (adult son, his girlfriend, and our adult grandson).  I was able to see their reservations and anything they added to their cruise planner.  I could book restaurant reservations for all of us, but I also had to pay for all of us.  They couldn't do the reverse as they didn't link to my RSVP number; we didn't see a reason.    

I have three reservations linked to mine, and have done so in the past.  I have never had an issue with being seated together.  However, never assume.  When we board, one of us goes to the MDR and ensures that we are seated together.  We also request a preferred location at this time.  There is usually a small line of folks doing the same, but it moves fast.