Regent Noob Needs Guidance: Cabin Location, Waitlist

KenzSailing

Hello all.  We are potential first time Regent cruisers(Crystal refugees.)  MY TA contacted me today to tell me that, much to my surprise, we have cleared the waitlist for  the Grandeur Panama Canal cruise this December 21.  Really excited about this as it spans both Christmas and New Years.  Here comes the hitch: I am a late riser(9-9:30ish) and we have been assigned F1 Superior 1018, below what appears to be the Pool Grill area of the pool deck.  I've checked the cabin spreadsheets(thank you UUNetBill) for Explorer and Splendor and any remarked on cabins in that area seem to get the expected comments about furniture arrangement noises in the early AM.  I'm torn on how to proceed, any guidance anyone would care to provide is appreciated.

A separate but related question:  I'm working with my TA to understand how the Regent WL works if we decline this cabin.  It seems we could stay on the WL, but would move to the back of the line(we've done the $500/pp WL deposit).  Does anyone have experience with the specific scenario of declining a WL cabin, but staying on the WL hoping to improve your hand? 

I will be with you on this cruise!!!

I can’t answer the specific question but you could accept the cabin and go on waitlist for next category up if u want to be sure to be on the cruise 

I have accepted a cabin and had my ta look for a different cabin when things open up neAr final payment. If your ta has a good relationship with someone at regent that might work

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bitob said:

I will be with you on this cruise!!!

I can’t answer the specific question but you could accept the cabin and go on waitlist for next category up if u want to be sure to be on the cruise 

I have accepted a cabin and had my ta look for a different cabin when things open up neAr final payment. If your ta has a good relationship with someone at regent that might work

Small world and exciting development!

Interesting development today: my TA contacted me and told me Regent is able to assign us a cabin on deck 9, so no more pool deck concerns. Interesting how Regent keeps finding availability on this WLed cruise.

And yes, we'll stay on the WL for a Concierge cabin.

• Like 4

What? - you’re closing the kitchen for the holidays? Taking a break huh

As you know there’s plenty of ex Crystal people sailing Regent these days. It’s too long to wait for the new Crystal to startup and who knows if they’ll be sailing by the end of 2023 at this rate

Seriously you’ll love Regent - we did the holidays on Explorer last month and have booked to do them again this year

Good time to be booking with the 2 Cat upgrade offer available 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

What? - you’re closing the kitchen for the holidays? Taking a break huh

As you know there’s plenty of ex Crystal people sailing Regent these days. It’s too long to wait for the new Crystal to startup and who knows if they’ll be sailing by the end of 2023 at this rate

Seriously you’ll love Regent - we did the holidays on Explorer last month and have booked to do them again this year

Good time to be booking with the 2 Cat upgrade offer available 

Well hi there.  Yeah, I'm hanging up the apron for the holidays.  Someone else can do the cooking.

We're excited about this cruise, first time we'll be on a holiday cruise spanning both Christmas and New Year's.  Should be quite the do.

KenzSailing - can you tell me what date you asked to get on the waitlist for the Grandeur cruise? 

We're on it too and I have friends on the waitlist hoping to join us.  They can't find out where they are in the queue or how many in front of them.  Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, fak said:

KenzSailing - can you tell me what date you asked to get on the waitlist for the Grandeur cruise? 

We're on it too and I have friends on the waitlist hoping to join us.  They can't find out where they are in the queue or how many in front of them.  Thanks. 

It was sometime in July of '22.  We did the $500/pp deposit to improve our chances. Talking to my TA about this last week, she told me her Regent contact said there are "100 names" on the WL.  Don't know if that means 50 cabins or 100, but I assume the latter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

It was sometime in July of '22.  We did the $500/pp deposit to improve our chances. Talking to my TA about this last week, she told me her Regent contact said there are "100 names" on the WL.  Don't know if that means 50 cabins or 100, but I assume the latter.

Probably just a guess as Regent will not release this information to anyone...