Dinner - Party of 11

kcmo74

Our cruise is 10 months out and we have 3 separate reservations totaling 11 people. I have linked them all in the app and wanted to make some dinner reservations but I'm running into a few issues. First off, it will only allow me to make a reservation for 8 people max even though I know they can accommodate larger parties in the MDR (at least I thought they could). Also, no matter what time I choose it tells me it's not able to accept the reservation, so I don't know if I'm trying to do this too early and I need to wait closer to sail date. The last question I have is if I am able to get a reservation to go through at some point, should I just make it for 8 with a few people from each room on it, and then go talk to the hostess at the MDR once we board and explain that we actually need all 11 on it but it would only take 8? 

Are you just talking about the MDR?  If so you can try sending an email to RCLDining@rccl.com explaining that you have three reservations linked and would like to sit together. I cruised with a large group back in 2013 and we were able to get a table for 12. I sent them an email beforehand and they arranged it.  I even had the table number before we cruised. 😁

6 minutes ago, emen822 said:

Are you just talking about the MDR?  If so you can try sending an email to RCLDining@rccl.com explaining that you have three reservations linked and would like to sit together. I cruised with a large group back in 2013 and we were able to get a table for 12. I sent them an email beforehand and they arranged it.  I even had the table number before we cruised. 😁

Ditto! This is exactly what we did and were given a table for 12.

48 minutes ago, emen822 said:

40 minutes ago, mailmama said:

Ditto! This is exactly what we did and were given a table for 12.

Awesome! Thank you both so much!

Keep in mind that a. table for 12 will not really allow for conversation among all of your guests. You might want to consider asking for two tables for 6 that are side by side with the same wait staff. That way you could play musical chairs each night and get to have easy conversations with all of your travel companions. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Keep in mind that a. table for 12 will not really allow for conversation among all of your guests. You might want to consider asking for two tables for 6 that are side by side with the same wait staff. That way you could play musical chairs each night and get to have easy conversations with all of your travel companions. 

Or do "musical chairs" at the 12 top.

1 hour ago, cello56 said:

53 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Or do "musical chairs" at the 12 top.

A few years ago, we did a family cruise for 11.. I specifically asked for a ROUND table and all were able to converse easily with everyone at the table.  Be very firm about wanting a round table.  Have fun!!!

• Like 4

You can email them now....but I would definitely send a follow up email to rcldining when you are within 2 or 3 weeks of your sail date.   then once onboard check and see if everyone in the party has the same table number assignment.    If not, go to the MDR host.

• Like 2