Anyone changed Wi-Fi to 2 devices after upgrading to premium?

Linda W.

I upgraded my Wi-Fi to premium for our upcoming cruises but my dh has the basic.  Does anyone have any info on the cost to upgrade 2 devices?  To upgrade one device was $13.00/day minus captains club discounts.  (Found that in the FAQ section not the cruise planner section).  But I can’t find anywhere online the cost for upgrading 2 devices.  If it’s a great deal I will call but if it’s not I won’t waste my time.  Thank you all very very much!  I appreciate helpful information!

45 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

I upgraded my Wi-Fi to premium for our upcoming cruises but my dh has the basic.  Does anyone have any info on the cost to upgrade 2 devices?  To upgrade one device was $13.00/day minus captains club discounts.  (Found that in the FAQ section not the cruise planner section).  But I can’t find anywhere online the cost for upgrading 2 devices.  If it’s a great deal I will call but if it’s not I won’t waste my time.  Thank you all very very much!  I appreciate helpful information!

Do you have one person two devices? If so wouldnt both have been upgraded when you upgraded yours.    If you each have one person one device, then his upgrade should cost same as your upgrade.   

1 hour ago, retird said:

Do you have one person two devices? If so wouldnt both have been upgraded when you upgraded yours.    If you each have one person one device, then his upgrade should cost same as your upgrade.   

that's what one would assume but I read "somewhere on X" that there was a discount for more than one device.  That is the info I was looking for.  I guess I will just call.  We each had our own basic Wi-Fi when we started then I upgraded mine to premium.  I didn't even KNOW there was a one person two device thing!

7 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

that's what one would assume but I read "somewhere on X" that there was a discount for more than one device.  That is the info I was looking for.  I guess I will just call.  We each had our own basic Wi-Fi when we started then I upgraded mine to premium.  I didn't even KNOW there was a one person two device thing!

Can you share any info you get?  We are in the same situation.  One upgrade to premium plus one basic for 2 people.  I didn't realize you could do what Royal does with 1 plan 2 devices

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Can you share any info you get?  We are in the same situation.  One upgrade to premium plus one basic for 2 people.  I didn't realize you could do what Royal does with 1 plan 2 devices

It should be in the cruise planner.  With X adding the voucher its confusing many as they now offer basic, premium and an upgrade voucher.  My best guess is they added the voucher mainly for those who book AI, now they can upgrade online although miss out on the CC status discount assuming they have status 

12 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

In your cruise planner you can purchase one plan multiple devices.  One person online at a time.  When one signs in all others are automatically signed out.    My wife and I are currently using that plan.  To get my CC elite discount, i called to book the plan.   Once onboard, internet tech have a desk and they will show you how the one plan, multiple user works

Edited by retird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, retird said:

In your cruise planner you can purchase one plan multiple devices.  One person online at a time.  When one signs in all others are automatically signed out.    My wife and I are currently using that plan.  To get my CC elite discount, i called to book the plan.   Once onboard, internet tech have a desk and they will show you how the one plan, multiple user works

understand that.  My situation is this.  We have an upcoming trip on the Equinox in an AquaClass cabin.  We had the basic internet plan included.  We obviously would like the premium.  Would it be cheaper to upgrade 1 person 2 devices from basic to premium using my elite discount or upgrade 2 plans from basic to premium?  If it's only $10, I won't bother.

25 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

understand that.  My situation is this.  We have an upcoming trip on the Equinox in an AquaClass cabin.  We had the basic internet plan included.  We obviously would like the premium.  Would it be cheaper to upgrade 1 person 2 devices from basic to premium using my elite discount or upgrade 2 plans from basic to premium?  If it's only $10, I won't bother.

I would call the celebrity 800 number and discuss your situation and they will give you the cost of the different options.   Thats what I have done in the past. That way I get my answer right from the horses mouth as some would say

37 minutes ago, retird said:

I would call the celebrity 800 number and discuss your situation and they will give you the cost of the different options.   Thats what I have done in the past. That way I get my answer right from the horses mouth as some would say

Yep.  On hold with them now.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

What did they say?

Sorry.  I had to hang up on them as I had things to do.  I talked with my husband and we are just going to stick with his upgraded premium and my basic.  I usually leech off of his hotspot once we get close to port so I'll be fine.