Carnival Firenze

Eli_6

On 3/18/2023 at 4:35 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

I am actually sailing on the Venezia.  She is due to start US sailings from Manhattan year-round this June.  I'm not sailing on her until April 2024.  The last I heard was that Firenze is going to start US I believe Fall of next year (I could be wrong).

Currently it is looking like May 2024, but there has not been an official announcement. 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Eli_6 said:

Yeah, with it being open to the public in the evenings and no pool, that makes the price seem high.  

open to the public at night = me canceling all the Venezia bookings I had. Too bad, because I was looking forward to this ship. 

Interesting thread. Not sure about this ship and the clientele out of NY - I think the ship may be too nice. This ship is sort of the layout of the vista class but with more sophistication and elegance. The cruises out of NY in the summer have a rougher crowd. Will be interesting how the first season goes in NYC. 

3 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Interesting thread. Not sure about this ship and the clientele out of NY - I think the ship may be too nice. This ship is sort of the layout of the vista class but with more sophistication and elegance. The cruises out of NY in the summer have a rougher crowd. Will be interesting how the first season goes in NYC. 

NYC Italians ARE an upscale crowed, plus "Jersey Shore" with money!

On 3/21/2023 at 2:02 PM, UPNYGuy said:

open to the public at night = me canceling all the Venezia bookings I had. Too bad, because I was looking forward to this ship. 

Under the explore ship section for the Venezia, it still says this when you click on each stateroom type. 

So one place says daytime, the ship stateroom description says exclusive.  If other Vista ships are exclusive, I would hope these are as well. 

A Terrazza Cabana stateroom gets you real estate on one of the most desirable addresses on the ship: your very own lounging patio, complete with deck chairs and a hammock. Plus, you'll have easy access to the exclusive Terrazza Carnevale area. (All Terrazza stateroom guests must be 12 or older.)

Amenities exclusive to Terrazza staterooms:

• Access to the Terrazza Carnevale area for that seaside-lounging lifestyle
  • Morning access to the Carnevale Lounge for a daily continental breakfast
  • Specially-curated brunch on select sea days, with a complimentary Spritz or Mimosa
  • Sailaway event at Terrazza Carnevale, featuring live music
  • Comfy Terrazza-branded robes and towels for your use

Just now, msmith198025 said:

Under the explore ship section for the Venezia, it still says this when you click on each stateroom type. 

So one place says daytime, the ship stateroom description says exclusive.  If other Vista ships are exclusive, I would hope these are as well. 

A Terrazza Cabana stateroom gets you real estate on one of the most desirable addresses on the ship: your very own lounging patio, complete with deck chairs and a hammock. Plus, you'll have easy access to the exclusive Terrazza Carnevale area. (All Terrazza stateroom guests must be 12 or older.)

Amenities exclusive to Terrazza staterooms:

• Access to the Terrazza Carnevale area for that seaside-lounging lifestyle
  • Morning access to the Carnevale Lounge for a daily continental breakfast
  • Specially-curated brunch on select sea days, with a complimentary Spritz or Mimosa
  • Sailaway event at Terrazza Carnevale, featuring live music
  • Comfy Terrazza-branded robes and towels for your use

it seems like it is to be like how the Havana area was when it first launched (open at night to all).

8 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I saw on someone's Panorama review that they saw pier construction in Long Beach. This has to be for Firenze.

Not necessarily, unless if Long Beach is planning on having two ships in port on a regular basis. Panorama is the same size as Firenze, so there should be no difference between the two in terms of docking requirements.

2 hours ago, tidecat said:

Not necessarily, unless if Long Beach is planning on having two ships in port on a regular basis. Panorama is the same size as Firenze, so there should be no difference between the two in terms of docking requirements.

That's what I was talking about, in that case

4 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

it seems like it is to be like how the Havana area was when it first launched (open at night to all).

Not sure.  Exclusive means exclusive.  

Exclusive during the day means something different.  

It looks like we will have to wait and see at this point.  

11 hours ago, msmith198025 said:

Not sure.  Exclusive means exclusive.  

Exclusive during the day means something different.  

It looks like we will have to wait and see at this point.  

the christine duffy video confirmed it will be open at night. At first the goccl page said it would be totally private, and afterward it was changed to imply open at night.