Stingray City in Antigua

ravenchic

We are going to Antigua in April on Celebrity Millennium.  I have 10 and 11 year old boys and trying to find a fun excursion.  I am not sure they are up for Hell’s Gate, which I have done twice.  I saw Stingray City on the Celebrity excursions.  After some searching, I did find an outside operator but not too many reviews and no mention of catering to cruisers.  Has anyone been to Stingray City through the cruise line or using an outside operator?  Any thought or recommendations? Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, ravenchic said:

We are going to Antigua in April on Celebrity Millennium.  I have 10 and 11 year old boys and trying to find a fun excursion.  I am not sure they are up for Hell’s Gate, which I have done twice.  I saw Stingray City on the Celebrity excursions.  After some searching, I did find an outside operator but not too many reviews and no mention of catering to cruisers.  Has anyone been to Stingray City through the cruise line or using an outside operator?  Any thought or recommendations? Thank you in advance!

Stingray is a tad tame…Adults and children will love this…

https://adventureantigua.com/activities/the-xtreme-circumnav/

Yes by a speedboat!  And they open it up!
Sights, senses, snorkel, swim, lunch, refreshments.  Book early as space is limited.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Copy and paste

Have done singray city with family of that age and it was fun for them.  It was a short session on the stingrays and then off to some skiff type boats for a short ride out to the platform where the rays hang out.  They have gear to use and would love to sell you pictures of the adventure when you get back and if memory serves the unlimited rum punch after the return enhances their ability to sell pictures.  

I believe we booked it directly with them and it went off without a hitch.  

A speedboat ride will take you out to the stingrays.  There you will be standing on sand with water up to your waist (adult).  The stingrays are not captive, they are wild but they hear the boats coming over and show up for food.  The first time one brushes past your leg is frightening but it is as soft as a kitten.  If you snorkel you can swim with them.   The guides have a name for each one and will show you how to feed them.  They don't have teeth but do have a very hard gum so they show you how to offer the food but not get chomped on.  They also show you how to hold one while they take your photo.  Does anybody get stung?  They say never.  Great experience, very memorable I found.

• 7 months later...
54 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

Re the adventure tours Antigua, did they pick you up at the ship and was it early? Thanks

We joined at the cruise port, along with the majority of pax and there was a stop to pickup a 4 from a hotel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 4boys&dog said:

How much does it cost?  I cannot find it on the website?

Xtreme - https://adventureantigua.com/activities/the-xtreme-circumnav/

Stingray City only - http://www.stingraycityantigua.com - Think the price was (5 years ago) about $60 per adult and $50 for a child - Best to add $10 to each fare as a guide 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo