Anyone on Pursuit now? How are things?

asnaleah

18 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Yes, that’s what we had on Onward. We were able to trade the three small bottles for one larger bottle of something we liked much better.

No luck in trading up or requesting smaller.  Wound up with a liter of Beefeater

4 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

No luck in trading up or requesting smaller.  Wound up with a liter of Beefeater

4 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

We ended up with a litre of Gordon’s but that was fine since we like Gordon’s better than Bombay Sapphire. 

• Like 2

Starlink maritime coverage is still an ongoing project so coverage is patchy, this is the coverage map from their website:

0D1EE94C-0945-44BB-8659-700CE2580891.thumb.jpeg.383f4b6789ec88677a978e73559c38c1.jpeg

Pursuits location is currently in one of the areas with poorer coverage, although the speeds quoted a much better than anything we’ve experienced previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/15/2023 at 7:46 PM, asnaleah said:

We sail next month and just want to be prepared. How is the overall condition? Is the television used for accounts, menus, etc. What kind of TV is on board? How’s the wine situation? Thanks in advance!

The TV does not show you your account. But you have a couple of news channels and 2 movie channels. Then the usual ship channels for excursions, next cruises and similar.

Ivi

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, roberts2005 said:

Internet speed is less than good.  Not sure why someone mentioned starlink.

Ship is less than full

Pursuit WAS full for the Antarctica cruise according to the cruise director on first night, 650 ppl

We also found internet to be fast but we don’t stream, just email

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Pursuit for the Antarctic Cruise. It was amazing. I felt my stateroom was comfortable & it was unbelievable that each morning we were there, I could open up the drapes & see Antarctica right off my balcony. Absolutely no complaints about the staff or the captain. I loved being kept up to date with the weather conditions & being able to watch the lectures I missed on the TV at night before bed.

I wouldn't mind doing this itinerary again, but not right now. My cats have grounded me.

Also, I took the ship's tour & airport transfer on the last day (the 9 hour one) & loved it. It was a very special way to end a very special vacation.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, KFinTx said:

I was on the Pursuit for the Antarctic Cruise. It was amazing. I felt my stateroom was comfortable & it was unbelievable that each morning we were there, I could open up the drapes & see Antarctica right off my balcony. Absolutely no complaints about the staff or the captain. I loved being kept up to date with the weather conditions & being able to watch the lectures I missed on the TV at night before bed.

I wouldn't mind doing this itinerary again, but not right now. My cats have grounded me.

Also, I took the ship's tour & airport transfer on the last day (the 9 hour one) & loved it. It was a very special way to end a very special vacation.

Do you know the name of the ranch you visited.?

3 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Do you know the name of the ranch you visited.?

The owner's name is Pancho Guevara & he did say the name of his Estancia, I think it's Estancia Rosario? He's a staunch Catholic & named his estancia after the Rosary. He & his family were exceptional hosts, too. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vtgumby said:

Pursuit WAS full for the Antarctica cruise according to the cruise director on first night, 650 ppl

We also found internet to be fast but we don’t stream, just email

I found the internet to get slower the further south we went. It was fine for email & posting on social media. I did try to facetime with my cousin who wanted to come on the trip but wasn't able to, but never connected. We just kept getting "missed calls." We were able to use Messenger though. I kept my phone on Airplane Mode & never got a call or text, even when I was on the ship's wifi. That was awesome.  I don't think the ship internet is set up to allow for streaming or stuff like Zoom, so I wouldn't count on that if you need to be in contact for work. Emails, FB, Twitter, & Messenger worked well for me.

• Like 1

On the Pursuit right now. Cabin attendant and Restaurant personnel (waiters and managers) are excellent as always. Captain Michael makes such a good impression! I was even lucky that our tender boat yesterday had Captain Michael bringing us to port.

There are apparently many “first time contracts” with Azamara. I have met some who although new, seem to be a good fit for this company. I have met one, who unless she gets a proper training and changes her attitude, she might be better with MSC cruises.  Fortunately she just works for shore excursions so I am not booking any on this ship to avoid interacting with her. 

Ivi

C5B0A325-677A-4B3C-B0D5-C10E2A37C82F.thumb.jpeg.d3cd306409b22a328bc2bb05d217392f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, travelberlin said:

On the Pursuit right now. Cabin attendant and Restaurant personnel (waiters and managers) are excellent as always. Captain Michael makes such a good impression! I was even lucky that our tender boat yesterday had Captain Michael bringing us to port.

There are apparently many “first time contracts” with Azamara. I have met some who although new, seem to be a good fit for this company. I have met one, who unless she gets a proper training and changes her attitude, she might be better with MSC cruises.  Fortunately she just works for shore excursions so I am not booking any on this ship to avoid interacting with her. 

Ivi

C5B0A325-677A-4B3C-B0D5-C10E2A37C82F.thumb.jpeg.d3cd306409b22a328bc2bb05d217392f.jpeg

Yay Captain Michael! He’s probably glad he doesn’t have to go back to Antarctica anytime soon! Way too many late nights figuring out how to avoid the rough storms! He did a good job, though!

• Like 5

Fortunately Internet is working now. I hope it remains like that. 
On the mean time I would like to mention that we have two very good Gast lecturers on the ship.

Dr. Jean Kenyons, who has given us interesting information on the wildlife of this area. And Dr. Joey Coffey, who gives us insights on the general historical and economic aspects of the countrys we are visiting. I like that both of them visualize their lectures very well and that there are easy to follow. 

On the fourth floor we find maps and a little information on the ports. 

Ushuia is very busy today. Many ships visiting. 

Ivi

• Like 2

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Internet is not working in Ushuia! We are on port not somewhere far away. In Ushuia town every one has got good connection. Let’s hope this will improve later on. Prices for internet are too expensive to just look away.

Ivi

That happened at times on my cruise too, & sometimes, all the news channels would go blank. I never figured out what the deal was on that, because the other channels still worked.