Bottled water pre-purchase for room is no more!

Sillyjilly

I just tried to purchase bottled water for my cruise next month and there is only a zero package for 30 bucks a day! Had I known a change was coming I would have order months ago. Thanks for the heads up Celebrity!

I don't drink coffee, tea, or mocktails. I just like plenty of tasty water in my cabin. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I get at least 2 emails a day from them trying to get me to book more cruises, but nothing about upcoming changes? Not happy!

I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do about it. Will keep y'all posted.

Does anyone know the cost of a bottled water?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

I just tried to purchase bottled water for my cruise next month and there is only a zero package for 30 bucks a day! Had I known a change was coming I would have order months ago. Thanks for the heads up Celebrity!

I don't drink coffee, tea, or mocktails. I just like plenty of tasty water in my cabin. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I get at least 2 emails a day from them trying to get me to book more cruises, but nothing about upcoming changes? Not happy!

I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do about it. Will keep y'all posted.

Does anyone know the cost of a bottled water?

when I sailed in the fall plain old water was $2.50, Evian was $5.00 

1 hour ago, Sillyjilly said:

Thanks!

I always order a few cases. Hope other cruise lines don't follow suit.

We are disappointed, too. We will bring a couple packs of soda, and also use our insulated water bottles. We can just fill those up instead of buying water at that rate.

I did not realize that water could have been ordered by the case on X.... before this post.

Approximately, how many bottles of water do you plow through on a seven (7) night sailing???

ZBP value proposition may be worth it vs bringing cases of water with you at embarkation. Just a thought.

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I did not realize that water could have been ordered by the case on X.... before this post.

Approximately, how many bottles of water do you plow through on a seven (7) night sailing???

ZBP value proposition may be worth it vs bringing cases of water with you at embarkation. Just a thought.

Cheers and bon voyage

We are on a B2B, but your snarky answer says much about your character.

I haven't been on Celebrity in years. Now I know why.

9 hours ago, CeleryCruiser said:

With all respect to all water drinkers: The more environmental choice is available on the ship. Just bring nice bottle by your own. We filled our bottles several times from water stations in Spa cafe which was the closest place.

We use it for the room. Shall I run upstairs every 30 minutes? The bathroom water leaves a bleach taste

in my mouth.

Ive never seen water available to be ordered by the case on Celebrity.  Royal, yes and they still have that option.  Previously, Celebrity had a "water package" and it included regular, Evian, and sparkling water, for $12 - $16 per person per day.  

I like that option, and I'm very disappointed it is gone.  

On some ships, the tap water is fine, but on others it has a swampy taste that I don't care for.  If the tap water is swampy tasting, then I request bottled water.  

Agree that $30/day is high.  Here's hoping they re-evaluate again before too long.  

Note that I have seen the price for the zero proof go on sale at times.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

We are on a B2B, but your snarky answer says much about your character.

I haven't been on Celebrity in years. Now I know why.

sj - it is quite unfortunate that you understood my post to be "snarky" while in fact they were comments on my knowledge about ordering water AND an inquiry as to quantities of water you and your travel companion drink while traveling.

Nothing more or nothing less.... 

Plus I offered up that consideration be given to getting the ZBP in lieu of bringing water with you.

Cheers and bon voyage 

• Like 6

Agree with other posters. I've never seen the option on Celebrity to preorder a case of water to be delivered to your room. I've read other lines do this, but Celebrity is not, and has not, been one of them.  They did, at one point, have a "water package" as another poster said, but not the ability to preorder a case.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

Oh my.  Remind me to never comment on one of her posts!

Now I will be snarky:

The water she was drinking when responding to me must have had bleach in it... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

Agree with other posters. I've never seen the option on Celebrity to preorder a case of water to be delivered to your room. I've read other lines do this, but Celebrity is not, and has not, been one of them.  They did, at one point, have a "water package" as another poster said, but not the ability to preorder a case.

I remember being able to do this on Royal but not on Celebrity.  On my last cruise I just took waters from the mini bar.  You can take a thermos up to OVC but that gets old after a while.

4 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

sj - it is quite unfortunate that you understood my post to be "snarky" while in fact they were comments on my knowledge about ordering water AND an inquiry as to quantities of water you and your travel companion drink while traveling.

Nothing more or nothing less.... 

Plus I offered up that consideration be given to getting the ZBP in lieu of bringing water with you.

Cheers and bon voyage 

I'm not a cow and I don't "plow" through water.

Just now, NMTraveller said:

I remember being able to do this on Royal but not on Celebrity.  On my last cruise I just took waters from the mini bar.  You can take a thermos up to OVC but that gets old after a while.

Thanks! I didn't know this. Will take this into consideration when booking my next cruise.

Appreciate you taking time to answer my question.

8 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

I bring a case of bottled water to the port.  I tape a couple luggage tags on the top and wrap some packing tape around the sides to hold it together and is delivered to the cabin.  I have done this for years on Celebrity.

Thanks for the info.  I was planning on putting the case in a wheeled suitcase.  May try your plan when we sail this weekend.

Just now, Bo1953 said:

l - how modest of you... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Well I'm trying hard to not get sent to the naughty room this year, and jeez it is @#$%^&* killing me and it's only January.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Well I'm trying hard to not get sent to the naughty room this year, and jeez it is @#$%^&* killing me and it's only January.

LOL - I fear if I continue to respond to the OP, I will be in the naughty room "without prejudice".... and I Am sure you know that term, for sure...

bon voyage

• Haha 1