Independent insurance

Busia1956

Agree with a Cole Thornton.  I have always bought ours from The Trip Insurance Store.  They are highly recommended on CC.  Much better coverage at usually around half the cost of NCL.  Last week I bought a comprehensive policy from them covering not just the 15 day cruise but 10 days in Europe and our airfare for $240 with much higher limits.  Just to cover the cruise NCL would have charged us over $500.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Agree with a Cole Thornton.  I have always bought ours from The Trip Insurance Store.  They are highly recommended on CC.  Much better coverage at usually around half the cost of NCL.  Last week I bought a comprehensive policy from them covering not just the 15 day cruise but 10 days in Europe and our airfare for $240 with much higher limits.  Just to cover the cruise NCL would have charged us over $500.

We always get our travel insurance from https://TripInsuranceStore.com after learning about them here on CC.

And we have had several claims, including some large ones.

They helped us find policies from insurers who do indeed pay their claims promptly after receiving the necessary documentation.

But CALL them, and discuss your particular concerns with them (ill relative not traveling with you?  any travelers with pre-existing conditions? etc.).

If you start the coverage within about 10-20 days of the very first payment (refundable or not), you'll have the best choice of policy types.  You only need to insure that deposit, and then up the coverage as more payments are made, etc.

GC

• Like 2