Can Platinum dining vouchers be used in the same specialty restaurants on a different day?

Aldeya

Say, we like one specialty restaurant, used one voucher on Day 1. We liked it so much that want to use our second Platinum voucher at the same restaurant on a different day of the cruise.

I tried to get an answer from NCL Latitudes office but two of the reps gave me completely different answers: one said "It's your vouchers, use them as you please", the other explained that we can't use the second voucher in the same restaurant twice.

Can it be done or it has to be a different specialty restaurant when you use a voucher?

In the past the Platinum dinner perks were dinner for two with a bottle of wine in Cagney's or Le Bistro and dinner for two in Moderno or La Cucina (if those restaurants were not on a particular ship then they substituted them). So the answer would be no. However there have been post lately saying that the vouchers changed and could be used at any restaurants. Maybe do a search of this site or hopefully someone who had this will post. My last cruise in October was limited to what I mentioned in the beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldeya said:

Say, we like one specialty restaurant, used one voucher on Day 1. We liked it so much that want to use our second Platinum voucher at the same restaurant on a different day of the cruise. I tried to get an answer from NCL Latitudes office but two of the reps gave me completely different answers: one said "It's your vouchers, use them as you please", the other explained that we can't use the second voucher in the same restaurant twice. Can it be done or it has to be a different specialty restaurant when you use a voucher?

The most important thing in your post is that you believe that you can make reservations as you go. Prime time dining reservations will sell out for the duration of the cruise on embarkation day. On a recent cruise, Cagney's sold out for all days, all times by 1 pm on embarkation day. So, having reservations made at exactly 120 days prior to departure or as soon as you embarkation is essential if you want to enjoy specialty dining. 

To answer your specific question, the policy does not allow the two vouchers to be used in the same restaurant. If you want to eat at the same restaurant twice, use the platinum voucher one time and your SDP the second time. 

The Official Policy 

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

•  Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine

•  Dinner for Two

Service charges are included in this benefit. Guest to present voucher to their server before ordering. Benefit entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée, and a dessert of your choice. Upcharges apply on certain premium menu items. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Dinner coupons are non-transferable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons cannot be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

In the past the Platinum dinner perks were dinner for two with a bottle of wine in Cagney's or Le Bistro and dinner for two in Moderno or La Cucina (if those restaurants were not on a particular ship then they substituted them). So the answer would be no.

This was the old policy and is no longer valid. Vouchers can be used at any restaurant. If you had heard of a change, maybe look up the current policy. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeandMarcia said:

I know you have your answer but I just want to bring to people's attention that as recently as December, 2022 on the Epic and January, 2023 on the Getaway, the old vouchers were being used with the old language on them but they could still be used anywhere.

We sailed right as things changed.  We had vouchers for restaurants not even on the ship nor the new ship options.  This was Prima.