When to get a cruise as cheap as possible on NCL?

I started watching a cruise on an older ship like a month ago. The cruise departs near me so there's no airfare or hotel involved. 

The cruise departs in 3 weeks and the price for an oceanview cabin has stayed the same but the cost of the balcony cabin did go up by like $40. 

Unfortunately I missed the cashback offer that was on AMEX and I doubt it will come back before the cruise departs. 

In your experience will the cruise likely go down in price a few days before the departure date or is likely to stay the same? The price is reasonable since they lowered the solo supplement, however I am not looking for reasonable, I am looking for cheap. It's an older ship with no studio cabins and no thermal spa so I'm hoping that will help increase the odds of it being discounted even more. 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, LHT28 said:

these days  I would just book  if the price works for you 

it may drop or may go up

Lines are in the need of money so dropping prices may not happen like pre covid  times

JMO

They have doubled in price and lowered everything.Food,service ,entertainment and employees.

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, sjinnj said:

Right now, I see a lot of upcoming Alaskan. cruises very cheap for upcoming cruises.

Yes! There are some really good prices right now. But check the port fees. They are pretty high.

• 1 month later...

My DH always wants a complete price breakdown.  On NCL, since we don't drink and are fine with the regular dining room, we forego some of the freebie offered. This brings our gratuities back to the basic cabin rate. We accepted the WI Fi and excursion because there is no additional charge.  Not a big user of them (easier to use wi fi when you are in port,  or we disconnect).