Another “What If” Question

MsSoCalCruiser

We are after final payment and we have 3 people in the cabin.  A fourth person wants to join us, so we want to move the third person into a different cabin with the fourth person and have two people in each cabin.  Will there be a penalty for removing the third person from our cabin since we are after final payment?  I called Princess and left a message, but have not received a return call yet, so I thought I would ask the experts here.

I wouldn't wait for a return call...it may never come!  Call again and hold until you can speak to a real person.  I'm assuming that since you were calling Princess direct that you booked directly with Princess.  Too bad...a TA could set all of that up for you, although you would have to pay the entire balance immediately...as in during that phone call probably.  To reduce your hold time call Princess right when they open in the morning...check the times listed on the main Princess web page and adjust for time zone if needed.

• Like 2

A couple of more "What Ifs"

Has the price of the third ticket gone up or down?

Is there a comparable cabin?

Do you have insurance (may not apply)?

See if you can get a single/no supplement cabin for 4th and move third in after the fact.

I would call Princess and see if they would do a courtesy move over.  The least they can say is no.  The best of both worlds would be for them to sell you another berth.  

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

A couple of more "What Ifs"

Has the price of the third ticket gone up or down?  I just checked and it is showing that the third passenger is free and is only showing a charge of the taxes and port fees so the price is definitely down.

Is there a comparable cabin? Yes, on the opposite side of the ship.

Do you have insurance (may not apply)?  Yes, we all do.

See if you can get a single/no supplement cabin for 4th and move third in after the fact.  It looks like it’s around $700 more for a single.

I would call Princess and see if they would do a courtesy move over.  The least they can say is no.  The best of both worlds would be for them to sell you another berth.  I’m still waiting for my PVP to return my call. Were they closed yesterday?  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

So, if you move the third person over to a new cabin with the fourth person, then what you end up with is two cabins with double occupancy. Your free third person would go away, wouldn't it? This is an interesting scenario, and I'm looking forward to whatever happens here.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

So, if you move the third person over to a new cabin with the fourth person, then what you end up with is two cabins with double occupancy. Your free third person would go away, wouldn't it? This is an interesting scenario, and I'm looking forward to whatever happens here.

The third person was not free when we booked. The third person price was only four dollars less than the first and second passenger at the time of booking. i’m still trying to reach my Princess vacation planner. I’m also on hold for the main number, but no one is answering.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The third person was not free when we booked. The third person price was only four dollars less than the first and second passenger at the time of booking. i’m still trying to reach my Princess vacation planner. I’m also on hold for the main number, but no one is answering.

Ah, I read it wrong above. Good luck!

• Like 1

You definitely have a hanging mystery.  

So...IF...third person is free (current booking), and single supplement is $700, how much would passenger 4 have to pay?  

Passenger 4 plus $700 divide by 2.....seems to be the best outcome.  Book the single.  Move passenger 3 over once you sail.  

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You definitely have a hanging mystery.  

So...IF...third person is free (current booking), and single supplement is $700, how much would passenger 4 have to pay?  

Passenger 4 plus $700 divide by 2.....seems to be the best outcome.  Book the single.  Move passenger 3 over once you sail.  

The third passenger free is for new bookings only and we are after final payment. It looks like they will be booking a pricey single.  

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess will get you everytime....after final payment.  Sorry to hear that.

Thank you.  I thought since she would be booking another cabin that they would not penalize but instead, they would rather take a chance on losing a new booking with an additional passenger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

Just a thought…Since #3 was free and #4 would be paying for double, why couldn’t #3 just change sleeping arrangement once onboard and pay #4 individually for half?

Number three was not free when we booked.  Earlier today it showed a third passenger as being free but that was for new bookings only.