Price increase on booked cruise

Islander500

I booked a cruise last July for Sept, 2023 and received my confirmation and balance due via email at that time. Tonight, I had just completed some port research and wanted to look at excursions available through Celebrity to make some bookings with my OBC.  When I go to the Celebrity website to access my reservation, the amount owed showing today is $2,000+ more than on my invoice. I tried to call Celebrity but the wait time was 108 minutes. Curious if others are noting a similar problem. Are they having a massive computer fail causing this?  

8 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I booked a cruise last July for Sept, 2023 and received my confirmation and balance due via email at that time. Tonight, I had just completed some port research and wanted to look at excursions available through Celebrity to make some bookings with my OBC.  When I go to the Celebrity website to access my reservation, the amount owed showing today is $2,000+ more than on my invoice. I tried to call Celebrity but the wait time was 108 minutes. Curious if others are noting a similar problem. Are they having a massive computer fail causing this?  

You definitely should call.  Call, put your phone speaker-phone and do something else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Islander500 said:

There should not have been a balance increase without prior notice. Call and get that adjusted.

While you're at it, if you didn't book AI, prepay the gratuities so you can utilize the old gratuity rate.

More than likely a glitch. Had this happen last year on RCI. We were paid in full and I received an email stating that we owed a balance. It turned out to be a glitch in their system but I did have to call. Also, last year on X, our balance went up so I had to contact my CVP to have it corrected. This has been happening for a long time and RCG cannot correct the issue. 

Well, this one was on me.  My DH had booked flights by celebrity and they weren’t showing on the Celebrity website, just included in the final amount due.   We received an updated booking invoice when we called that did include the reserved flights.  Boy, that website could use improvement. 🥴
Thanks all!  

• Thanks 2

Hopefully you have a hard copy of your booking.  Not unusual.  Things like this are why I have a great TA.  They fix the computer stuff.  It happens way too often.  Same proble on other cruiselines.  Is almost always an easy fix.

You need to call.  Early morning best.  Today busy as Monday was a holiday.