Dropping luggage off at port— how early

Momperson3

Our check in time is 11:30 for the Edge.  My husband will  drop me & luggage off at port — then will have to go park car.  We are driving from Kissimmee— wondering timing to get there, to allow him to drop me off & go park (he isn’t using Celebrity lot— another lot 3 miles away) Like to figure out what time to drop off 

It’s about 4 hours from here to there (hopefully no traffic delays) 

Always have flown I (staying at hotel) we are now snowbirds so driving to port

Assuming this is at Ft Lauderdale it should take you about 3 hours on the FL turnpike to get to the port from Kissimmee (We are from Winter Garden and just didi this).  Leave home about 10 am so you avoid morning rush hour.

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

You will need to wait until all passengers and luggage are gone which may be after 10:30  The porters will not be set up to take your luggage.  You will wait outside with everything until then. 

I have dropped off my luggage at 9am before. I had a rental car that we needed to drop at Miami airport so we just dropped the luggage off early in an effort to not be dragging it back via the train. Took the train from MIA to FLL and then an Uber back to the port for an 11am boarding time.

3 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

I have dropped off my luggage at 9am before. I had a rental car that we needed to drop at Miami airport so we just dropped the luggage off early in an effort to not be dragging it back via the train.

We do this often.  No problem getting porters to take your luggage at this time.

Mike

6 hours ago, jalves said:

Assuming this is at Ft Lauderdale it should take you about 3 hours on the FL turnpike to get to the port from Kissimmee (We are from Winter Garden and just didi this).  Leave home about 10 am so you avoid morning rush hour.

10 a.m. will be a late start for an 11:30 check-in. I'd leave at 8:30.