About MSC Sinfonia

lippi1970

Anyone who was recently on Sinfonia can give any information about the ship, the restaurants, the cabins after the refurbishment?

I’m interested in the itinerary to Egeo and Israel.

Thanks ti everybody.

I also would like to see a daily planner of Sinfonia

Okay, I have one cruise on Armonia, so here is my take.  She is a lot smaller.  Not a problem for me.  She does not have the bells & whistles.  There are lots of lounges for sitting, relaxing, conversing.  That is intentional.  All of this class were lengthened.  The only cabins that originally had balconies are the suites.  All of the other balconies were tacked onto the outside of OV cabins, just like Carnival did to the Fantasy class.  All of the inside, OV, and balcony cabins (other than suites) are the same size.  I can’t pinpoint exactly where the joinings are for the section inserted, but I think the connections to the vent system were not perfect.  We had the first cabin after the balconies, 9225, and it was excessively humid.  Such that any papers left in the cabin became limp.  Pick it up and it drapes over your hand.  It was also chilly, but when the temp was raised, it became even more humid.  When we left the cabin and walked forward, it was like moving from one climatic zone to another.  
     The MDR was weird.  There was a forward and an aft portion, with elevator coming down in the middle.  And another elevator to the aft, so there was a constant stream of people through during dinner.  
     We did enjoy our cruise, which was lengthened from 7 - 9 days by a hurricane.  
EM

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 1:51 PM, perakcruiser said:

The refurbishment was in 2015! If you know any Lirica-class ship, then you basically know the Sinfonia. 

21 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Okay, I have one cruise on Armonia, so here is my take.  She is a lot smaller.  Not a problem for me.  She does not have the bells & whistles.  There are lots of lounges for sitting, relaxing, conversing.  That is intentional.  All of this class were lengthened.  The only cabins that originally had balconies are the suites.  All of the other balconies were tacked onto the outside of OV cabins, just like Carnival did to the Fantasy class.  All of the inside, OV, and balcony cabins (other than suites) are the same size.  I can’t pinpoint exactly where the joinings are for the section inserted, but I think the connections to the vent system were not perfect.  We had the first cabin after the balconies, 9225, and it was excessively humid.  Such that any papers left in the cabin became limp.  Pick it up and it drapes over your hand.  It was also chilly, but when the temp was raised, it became even more humid.  When we left the cabin and walked forward, it was like moving from one climatic zone to another.  
     The MDR was weird.  There was a forward and an aft portion, with elevator coming down in the middle.  And another elevator to the aft, so there was a constant stream of people through during dinner.  
     We did enjoy our cruise, which was lengthened from 7 - 9 days by a hurricane.  
EM

20 hours ago, Match Game 72 said:

Here is my review with pictures onboard the Sinfonia from 2019:

Thanks a lot!!!

On 1/17/2023 at 10:46 PM, Essiesmom said:

I can’t pinpoint exactly where the joinings are for the section inserted, but I think the connections to the vent system were not perfect.

+
The MDR was weird.  There was a forward and an aft portion, with elevator coming down in the middle.  And another elevator to the aft,

There you have it, the forward section of the lower MDR was inserted. On MSC Opera cabins 10136 - 10162 are in the inserted section. We were in 10162. They are of the same size as most other balcony-cabins on the same deck and the deck below. I Believe its a little different on the other ships in the class, since Opera was built with more balconies to begin with. On Sinfonia you can clearly see the inserted section on the deck 10. Its the portion where it widens and the balconies are hanging out of the ship, instead of being inside of the structure.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:32 PM, lippi1970 said:

Anyone who was recently on Sinfonia can give any information about the ship, the restaurants, the cabins after the refurbishment?

So I haven't been on Sinfonia, but I have been on Opera. I really liked her. Being a smaller ship, you had more a feel of actually being at sea. There are two pools, one was heated, the other cold. They would swap, so you'd never know which to use. The waterpark was fun, but many jets were clogged. Might have had to do with the fact that this was her second week of operation after the pandemic. They did give her new carpets in many areas. They were constantly vacuuming everywhere, and still dust bunnies were running around all over the place.

Expect a ship with not to many bells and whistles, but with plenty of live music during the evening, okay food in both MDR and buffet, great serving crew and wonderful cocktails. The cabins are much smaller than on newer ships, with no couch or seating area. The shows were okay, but not the best. Consider them 'entertaining, without a wow-factor'.

• Like 1