Parking at the Boston Cruise Terminal

salzdt

We reserved the C1 with parkwhiz for our Zaandam 25 night cruise this past august  but when we got there it was gated close. We cancelled a few minutes before our scheduled arrival time to get a full refund. Then drove across the street to the covered abm marine garage/ edic. Went into the office and asked about monthly parking ($415). Took a ticket from the machine but when it is time to pay at the end of the cruise you need to go into the office. 

1 hour ago, Cruisee2.0 said:

We reserved the C1 with parkwhiz for our Zaandam 25 night cruise this past august  but when we got there it was gated close. We cancelled a few minutes before our scheduled arrival time to get a full refund. Then drove across the street to the covered abm marine garage/ edic. Went into the office and asked about monthly parking ($415). Took a ticket from the machine but when it is time to pay at the end of the cruise you need to go into the office. 

The C1 parking lot website shows rates on its homepage as per day $25, 7 day $175, 14 day $200. They also have a link at the top of the page to apply for monthly parking. They use Parkwhiz for their online reservation link from their homepage so not sure what happened in your case as the lot and garage are both run by ABM Parking. 

https://www.parkwithabm.com/c1-parking-lot

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruisee2.0 said:

Not sure if it's the same lot, but IIRC there have been a number of discussions here on CC about this very lot. I believe we're referring to the C1 and C2 lots right next to the cruise pier, and next to the Boston police harbor patrol office, easily found on Google Maps/Street View, on Black Falcon Ave immediately west of the terminal building.  I recollect a number of users/cruisers saying that they used the C1 lot recently with no problems, but upon arrival had to call the phone number on the sign, to have the attendant walk over from the C2 lot right next door to let them in.  I too would very much want to use the covered garage you mention, but a number of folks here on CC keep saying that cruise ship parking is very much discouraged at that lot. When you visited their office, did you mention that you were getting on a cruise ship, and if so, what was their reaction?  Thanks for info....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cruisee2.0 said:

I told them I was going on a cruise. They said I needed to park on the 4th floor. 

Thanks very much for that bit of info (and welcome to Cruise Critic, by the way ;o)  I would much rather park in a nice covered garage than in an open lot, and for us, that covered garage is still a very easy walk back to the ship, even schlepping a bunch of luggage. How full was the 4th floor? I'd hate to try and park there only to find it was full up. It was my understanding that this lot is usually used by local employees, so I would expect it would be pretty empty when we arrive there on a Sunday in mid-July.

We were there at 10am after dropping off the bags. It was empty on the Saturday we arrived.  I would give them a call to make sure they still plan to allow this for your dates. If you are going to Greenland and Iceland have a great time.  It was amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Cruisee2.0 said:

We were there at 10am after dropping off the bags. It was empty on the Saturday we arrived.  I would give them a call to make sure they still plan to allow this for your dates. If you are going to Greenland and Iceland have a great time.  It was amazing. 

Thanks very much, sounds like our arrival around 9AM on a Sunday would also be easy. I'll definitely be contacting them ahead of time.  Greenland and Iceland would be right up there as a top bucket list trip for sure, but this trip is a Canada/New England on Princess, as we're limited to short-duration trips for now. This will be our first ever sailing out of Boston, though we've through there many times on our way to the Cape.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to see if their is anymore updated parking. I tried doing a mock booking on 'Cruise Ship Parking Lot C" as seen on google maps. It takes you to this web site   https://www.parkwithabm.com/c1-parking-lot?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=5terminalstreet&utm_campaign=google

When you click on reservations it takes you to ParkWiz and that parking lot isn't even on their site