Parking at the Boston Cruise Terminal

salzdt

On 1/18/2023 at 1:12 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

We park in a lot that is right in front of the ship. It is a short walk to the terminal from there. Sometimes my husband drops me off with the luggage then parks, and sometimes we park and walk over together. 

On 1/18/2023 at 1:12 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

We park in a lot that is right in front of the ship. It is a short walk to the terminal from there. Sometimes my husband drops me off with the luggage then parks, and sometimes we park and walk over together. 

Thank you

On 1/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, jimsig said:

Here is the official Boston Cruiseport site with parking Info.  it sounds like it's the same lot from the above post.

https://www.massport.com/flynn-cruiseport/to-from-flynn-cruiseport/parking-directions/

This show a parking site you need to sign up on? Then shuttle to the port. Anyone know if parking across from the port is no longer available? Car service we have use in the past went under during covid, looking at alternative ideas. There will be five of us this year and every Ser ice is telling us two vehicles that will run us 250.00 each way 😟. Will keep looking, thanks in advance.

You can show up at the lot without a reservation, the cost per day is more. With that said, it's actually cheaper once you take into account the convenience fee charged by the vendor 🙂

The lot is 5 minutes away. There are two shuttles. The pretty much go every 15 minutes, or once the shuttle is full. It's really not a big deal.

I believe the garage is discouraging cruise parking due to the increase in commercial business in the port requiring parking. There is the lot in front of the ship, but I have no information on it. I cruised twice out of Boston last year and parked in the offsite lot each time. Both times were safe, easy, and no issue. My only complaint, if I had one, is that the shuttle parks all the way at the end of the terminal. So you have to walk the entire length of the terminal to turn in luggage, and then double back to get in line.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

This show a parking site you need to sign up on? Then shuttle to the port. Anyone know if parking across from the port is no longer available? Car service we have use in the past went under during covid, looking at alternative ideas. There will be five of us this year and every Ser ice is telling us two vehicles that will run us 250.00 each way 😟. Will keep looking, thanks in advance.

What a lot of people report doing is dropping off luggage and the others at the cruise terminal and then only one or two people go to the parking lot.  That way you avoid having to lug the luggage on the shuttle.  According to google maps its about a 10 min walk and a 7 min drive on the shuttle.

• Like 1

We went out of Boston a few years back (pre-pandemic) and found the parking convenient and easy. I've been trying to book for an upcoming April cruise but am getting all sorts of wonky info - the address they say the lot is at is not the same as the lot on the map, the price they quote is different each time I input data, etc. The website has information for the 2022 cruise season but nothing for this year and my email to them for clarification has gone unanswered. Does anybody have good information on where the parking is and how much it costs? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, salzdt said:

Can anyone give suggestions for parking at Boston terminal.  In 2018 we found a parking garage that provided a shuttle to the ship.

Thanks,

Dot and Fred

We parked at cruise port and walked off with luggage easy peasy and on the masspike in a short time. Make sure you park under a roof area! As 4 cars up and onward covered with dropping from seagulls! Yuck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cementhands said:

We parked at cruise port and walked off with luggage easy peasy and on the masspike in a short time. Make sure you park under a roof area! As 4 cars up and onward covered with dropping from seagulls! Yuck!

When did you do this? We had a similar experience to yours but now when we look online the cruiseport is telling us that option is no longer available.

• 3 weeks later...

Massport Lot D3, 492 Summer Street is nearby and offers a free Shuttle. But the price is saying $266 for the week! We used this lot last year, it worked out great. The cost then was $176. That's a big jump. I have not had a response to multiple inquiries.

The parking Garage across the street from the Terminal does not seem to be available for cruisers?

1025Cruise I Agree. "I believe the garage is discouraging cruise parking due to the increase in commercial business in the port requiring parking"

Parking.com actually Shows Norwegian Pearl Event and parking is at 93 Fargot St. It does not mention a shuttle. $189 for the week

Suppose to be another Lot at the terminal, Cannot Book online as website is down and do not expect it to be up and working soon. Were told, just show up, there is plenty of parking. Hum, might this be where the Seagulls do their thing, Lot C1?

• Like 1

We ended up booking parking at 1 Black Falcon Ave. through Parking Whiz. It's costing us $185.50 per car. I'm expecting the seagulls will 'decorate' the car quite a bit. But we didn't have lots of great options so....

I was looking at parking in the C1 Lot at the bow of the ship.  Used that lot before and it's wicked handy.  One website says you need to make a reservation another makes no mention of making a reservation.  Then if you click the make reservation link, you can't get that one to show up.  Website's a mess.  Left an email yesterday, but haven't heard back yet.  Seagull poo doesn't really bother me as I work someplace with a lot of seagulls around, so my car always needs a bath.  IDK.  It's going to take me 3 hours to get down there, I'd like to have a plan on where I'm going to park.

Just Booked the parking. $189. for the week. 

Thanks Jimsig - 

PARKING FOR FLYNN CRUISEPORT BOSTON

Parking for Flynn Cruiseport Boston is now sold exclusively through Parking.com at 

Massport Fargo Lot at 93 Fargo St, Boston, MA 02210.

Cruise ship parkers will receive a FREE courtesy shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal.

Arrive at Massport Fargo Lot as early as 7 a.m. on the day of your departure. Please arrive at least two hours before ship departure to allow for ample time to board the shuttle, arrive at Flynn Cruiseport Boston, and proceed through security.

Edited by RenieRaider

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the oversized vehicle fee is charged at the lot at 1 Black Falcon Ave? If so, does anyone have an idea of what the fee is? My vehicle is a Chevy Equinox. Just wondering how much extra they may charge me checking in… Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, RenieRaider said:

Just Booked the parking. $189. for the week. 

Thanks Jimsig - 

PARKING FOR FLYNN CRUISEPORT BOSTON

Parking for Flynn Cruiseport Boston is now sold exclusively through Parking.com at 

Massport Fargo Lot at 93 Fargo St, Boston, MA 02210.

Cruise ship parkers will receive a FREE courtesy shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal.

Arrive at Massport Fargo Lot as early as 7 a.m. on the day of your departure. Please arrive at least two hours before ship departure to allow for ample time to board the shuttle, arrive at Flynn Cruiseport Boston, and proceed through security.

This is very helpful but... the Holland America Zaandam sailing on May 20-27, 2023 isn't on the drop down list for the Fargo Lot, so I can't go any further. Any others with same experience???  thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, 1025cruise said:

I think only the round trip sailings are there. I believe the Zaandam is doing one-ways to/from Montreal so you would need to find alternate parking.

Besides the Zaandam doing the one-way Canada/NE cruises, it also has a round trip Boston cruise, and I believe it is the May 20th, 2023 sailing if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 7:19 AM, LadyBerard said:

Besides the Zaandam doing the one-way Canada/NE cruises, it also has a round trip Boston cruise, and I believe it is the May 20th, 2023 sailing if I remember correctly.

Yes, May 20th is my sailing on the Zaandam (roundtrip from Boston) - after waiting a few weeks, it now appears on the drop-down list on parking.com for the 93 Fargo Lot but I keep getting kicked out of the reservation - I simulated a Friday departure on the NCL Pearl and it went to the next step...  Maybe not doing Saturday departures??  That's what I'm trying to determine - anyone with this same experience???

Hi margie1221, If you use the Park Whiz App on your phone you can book the C1 Lot which is the closest(3-4 min walk)lot of any to the ship and is available for your cruise for $175(+$12admin)for the week for your cruise on the HAL Zaandam on May 20. I will be parked there for the two weeks prior as I am on the b to b from Boston-Montreal-Boston and my cost was $212 total...Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone had any recent experience with this, or reasonable alternatives?  (E.g, park at the Logan Airport long-term lot?)

I'm going on a 35 day cruise, and concerned about the security of an open air poorly fenced lot in an urban area for that long-

Edited by Bemis