Nassau beach break and Sight Seeing excursion

Annicruise2014

This is a 3 part question.........

In 1999, hubby and I went to Nassau and stayed in a hotel that is no longer there. Or I can't find it.  It was on Cable Beach.  Possibly Baha Mar purchased it? 

I think it was called Nassau Beach Hotel.  Does anyone know?

Can anyone tell me what beach this excursion goes to specifically?  It says West side and lists 2 beaches.

What are your thoughts on this excursion? Good and Bad.

Thank you

On 1/18/2023 at 12:16 PM, Annicruise2014 said:

This is a 3 part question.........

In 1999, hubby and I went to Nassau and stayed in a hotel that is no longer there. Or I can't find it.  It was on Cable Beach.  Possibly Baha Mar purchased it? 

I think it was called Nassau Beach Hotel.  Does anyone know?

Can anyone tell me what beach this excursion goes to specifically?  It says West side and lists 2 beaches.

What are your thoughts on this excursion? Good and Bad.

Thank you

Here is a recent review that might help you.

I just did this tour and yes, it was a bus ride to the Poop Deck restaurant and beach.  If it's cheap it's not that bad.  I didn't mind the "sightseeing" as it was a nice drive from one end to the other and you got to see a lot of different areas of New Providence. 

The beach was nice, but the sun was not out the day we went.  It's relatively private.  Sure you share the beach with other tour people but it was quiet.  The water was cold in December. 

The food wasn't bad either, but you don't much options for the paid version.  you can pay extra for other options. They had chicken tenders with fries or the fish wrap with fries.  My only complaint here was they didn't bring the drinks til the food came out so you waited a bit.  

the wifi didn't work either when we were there, so bring a book or something to keep yourself busy, because it will become boring.  

I wouldn't do it again, but for a first timer, if it was below $50, do it.  

Otherwise just go to Junkanoo beach. It's free. 

Here are a few other comments.

"Do yourself a huge favor and stay far away from this turkey."

"do not choose this excursion!"

"This beach had so much seaweed that no one from the cruse line wanted to get into the water."

It looks like it did go to Bahamar not to long ago but now goes to Poop Deck. I have not been myself though.

Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island tours also get similar bad reviews. I can confirm Blue lagoon is pretty bad.