Carnival - disembark after embarking???

We have an early embarkment time for an upcoming Carnival Luminosa cruise from Brisbane. Does anyone know if it's allowable to leave the ship again for a short while after you embark. As the ship is also embarking guests in Sydney a few days earlier, there will be many guests using Brisbane as a Port Day and coming and going off the ship, so I can't see why, after we embark, we couldn't leave the ship???Ā  Has anyone done this on carnival?

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

We have an early embarkment time for an upcoming Carnival Luminosa cruise from Brisbane. Does anyone know if it's allowable to leave the ship again for a short while after you embark. As the ship is also embarking guests in Sydney a few days earlier, there will be many guests using Brisbane as a Port Day and coming and going off the ship, so I can't see why, after we embark, we couldn't leave the ship???Ā  Has anyone done this on carnival?

You may not be allowed to leave the ship once you go onboard so why not drop off your luggage any time after 8.30 if you want to explore the city and get on later at least 90 minutes before departureĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by rkmw

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

I reread your post and what is the cruise where the Luminosa picks up people first in Sydney and then in BrisbaneĀ 

32 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I reread your post and what is the cruise where the Luminosa picks up people first in Sydney and then in BrisbaneĀ 

I was wondering the same - Majestic Princess?

Ā 

The general rule is no getting off after embarkation, which apparently comes from border restrictions. P&O have never allowed it, while Royal used to, but they wouldn't let us off a few years back on Explorer of the Seas - said they weren't allowed any more.

Ā 

There is some sort of chance if it is a domestic cruise and also being a port day for other passengers.

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I was wondering the same - Majestic Princess?

Ā 

The general rule is no getting off after embarkation, which apparently comes from border restrictions. P&O have never allowed it, while Royal used to, but they wouldn't let us off a few years back on Explorer of the Seas - said they weren't allowed any more.

Ā 

There is some sort of chance if it is a domestic cruise and also being a port day for other passengers.

I think the OP has the wrong ship because the Luminosa doesnā€™t go to SydneyĀ 

Why would you want to get off again for a short time anyway? There is nothing to see or do at the Brisbane terminal and you cant quickly go somewhere and come back againĀ  as it's in the middle of nowhere.

30 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I think the OP has the wrong ship because the Luminosa doesnā€™t go to SydneyĀ 

Maybe its a Bris to Bris with a last port Sydney then home.

Picking up some cabin fillers Syd to Bris?????

15 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

No wrong ship, as Geoff said might be the Majestic PrincessĀ 

18 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

That is sort of the deal, but Luminosa has no plans to call in Sydney.

Ā 

Majestic is doing an 11 night QLD coastal next month Sydney to Sydney which interlinks with a 10 night cruise Brisbane to Brisbane. There is also some short Sydney to Brisbane cruises to fill the gaps.

27th Feb in Brisbane is:

Port day for those that boarded for 11 nights from Sydney

Disembark day for those that boarded for 3 nights from Sydney

Embark day for those starting their 10 night cruise from Brisbane.

1 hour ago, timtam2 said:

Why would you want to get off again for a short time anyway? There is nothing to see or do at the Brisbane terminal and you cant quickly go somewhere and come back againĀ  as it's in the middle of nowhere.

BICT is a international Cruise ship terminal in a class of its own . You might want to walk around the landscaped grounds getting some fresh air, grab a coffee or use the fastest toilets in QLD , your poo will be in the pond before you know it .

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone for replies. Indeed, I was getting two cruises jumbled together. We are doing Luminosa early February and Majestic Princess late February. It is Majestic coming from Sydney.Ā  Can I blame Long Covid for brain fade!!!!

We were questioning Luminosa embarkation day as we booked a last minute cruise on 3rd February yesterday before checking there was parking available (we live 2 hours away). Of course embarkation day booked out for parking at terminal until 2.30. All aboard time 3pm. We have earliest embarkment time. So wondering if we could pay casual rates for a few hours and then exit ship to park on our 2.30 booking. But after reading your advice, will not consider this option. Rang Wilson parking and they said one hour grace period at start and end of booking so should be able to enter carpark after 1.30 if booking 2.30.

Hi, for what it's worth, my experience a couple of times with boarding a Princess ship in Auckland when it was the embarkation port for us, but a port day for those still on their journey and disembarking in Sydney, was that once aboard we could exit again to our heart's content - to stock up on soft drink from the nearby supermarket. We will have a similar scenario in September and fully intend to exit the ship after boarding, settling into our cabin and scoffing lunch šŸ˜‹

• Like 1