Lobster Tails

bigque

23 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Are you going to compare the cost of drinks on board to your local retail prices, too?  I think you will find a much higher markup.

That would be too depressing. I can simply bring those water flavoring bottles that you squeeze into the water. Strawberry pineapple is great. I drink my free drinks and some of my wife's. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

You should have you own late night TV show.  You couldn't do any worse!  That's for sure!

I don't know about your area.  But here in the midwest a dozen eggs a couple months ago sold in the are of a buck.  Now a dozen eggs are in the area of 4 dollars!  I not sure but I think most cruise ships use a lot of eggs.  I mean a LOT more eggs than lobster tails.  Is this price increase being absorbed by the cruise line.  Will it be passed on to the passengers.  Just sayin.....

13 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

I don't know about your area.  But here in the midwest a dozen eggs a couple months ago sold in the are of a buck.  Now a dozen eggs are in the area of 4 dollars!  I not sure but I think most cruise ships use a lot of eggs.  I mean a LOT more eggs than lobster tails.  Is this price increase being absorbed by the cruise line.  Will it be passed on to the passengers.  Just sayin.....

I paid about .63 cents a dozen at Aldi's about 5 months ago.  Today, well over 4 dollars.  In Sam's Club two or three days ago, over $8.00 for 18 eggs.  We eat a lot of eggs, carb diet and all.  It's getting tough.  

Yes, there are a lot of sites that will give statistics about how much food is consumed on a ship.  It's amazing how much a ship like the Oasis Class ships use per voyage.  I don't remember how much but it was in the 10s, or maybe even 100's of thousands.  It's amazing.    

18 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I paid about .63 cents a dozen at Aldi's about 5 months ago.  Today, well over 4 dollars.  In Sam's Club two or three days ago, over $8.00 for 18 eggs.  We eat a lot of eggs, carb diet and all.  It's getting tough.  

Yes, there are a lot of sites that will give statistics about how much food is consumed on a ship.  It's amazing how much a ship like the Oasis Class ships use per voyage.  I don't remember how much but it was in the 10s, or maybe even 100's of thousands.  It's amazing.    

In other words hold on to your hat!!!🤔

• Like 1

Aren't they saying that the current cost of eggs is because of the "bird flu" and carton costs or something like that and that it is supposed to be temporary <riiiiiiiiiight!    I'm not holding my breath that the cost of eggs will come down to anywhere like they were 4 or 5 months ago.  They've tasted the waters and liked it.  

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Aren't they saying that the current cost of eggs is because of the "bird flu" and carton costs or something like that and that it is supposed to be temporary <riiiiiiiiiight!    I'm not holding my breath that the cost of eggs will come down to anywhere like they were 4 or 5 months ago.  They've tasted the waters and liked it.  

Yes, particularly bad season for the bird flu.  Wiped out a lot of the egg producing chickens.  I'm sure prices will go down once they get the stock of chickens back up, but I don't expect anything like we saw last year when they were dirt cheap.

Egg prices are high enough now that we've cut back on buying them.  Yes the egg suppliers might be making more margin now per carton, but I'm guessing that purchase volumes are significantly down due to the cost as well.

Time will tell.  We'll just have to wait it out.

• Like 1