Starbucks Package

RevZacc

For several years I had a Starbucks on my regular driving route.  Hated to move and leave that location.  Wondering now ... would Starbucks package on the Norwegian Spirit be worth it?  How many drinks would I need to have daily to break even?  2? 3? 4?

We purchased the package for our cruise next week on the Bliss. When I did the math, it was almost 3 drinks to break even but depends on what kind of drinks you like (the lattes, Frappuccino's etc. cost more than an Americano for example...like close to $6 or more). If you search the forum, someone had posted a recent sample menu. 

I believe about 3 to break even, depending on what you order and the size. Prices are fairly comparable to land based SB, maybe even a little less than what I have to pay here in NYC. Some people have reported long lines on their sailing at Starbucks, and being that you can only get one drink at a time (as reported, i cant speak from experience), it can make it difficult to use it as much as you may like.

As much as I love my Starbucks, I've decided to pay per drink. I don't think I could drink 3 in a day, 10 days straight, and especially with the alcohol package I also have. I was tempted to remove alcohol for the Starbucks though 🤔 But decided against it lol

• Like 3

I just had the Starbucks package on the Epic.  It is definitely worth it.  I like the refreshers and 2 a day trenta is $15, so it pays for itself.  I also had some hot chocolate (regular and white chocolate) most evenings.  No, I didn't check my glucose level when I returned.  lol

They did charge some extra fees (tax) in some of the ports like San Juan, another 56 cents I believe.  It was 4 extra charges during the week.

• Like 1

I would only get one Starbucks drink a day so definitely not worthwhile.  I did download the Starbucks app and pre-loaded a gift card on it so all I had to do was scan my phone when I wanted a drink.  Quick and easy and paid what I would normally pay at a store.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

I would only get one Starbucks drink a day so definitely not worthwhile.  I did download the Starbucks app and pre-loaded a gift card on it so all I had to do was scan my phone when I wanted a drink.  Quick and easy and paid what I would normally pay at a store.

This is what I do also.  You can earn the Starbucks 'stars' for doing this but cannot redeem them on the ship. I have been on the Bliss 3 times and never found the lines to be exceptionally long. But I usually show up around 8:30 or 9, get my drink and take it into the MDR with me for breakfast.

7 minutes ago, carohs said:

Can you earn bonus stars too if purchasing SB onboard? Anyone know if they will give you the BYO cup discount like land-based stores do? 

As long as you are using the app or a gift card, you will earn whatever promotion SB is having (at least that has been my experience). You would not get those with the package. Sorry I don't know about the BYO cup discount.

54 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

I asked Santa for Starbucks gift cards and the old guy came through 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Grumpella said:

I just had the Starbucks package on the Epic.  It is definitely worth it.  I like the refreshers and 2 a day trenta is $15, so it pays for itself.  I also had some hot chocolate (regular and white chocolate) most evenings.  No, I didn't check my glucose level when I returned.  lol

They did charge some extra fees (tax) in some of the ports like San Juan, another 56 cents I believe.  It was 4 extra charges during the week.

Great report. Thank you! Can’t wait to use mine. 

• Like 1

Can you use the package for Starbucks anywhere other than the Atrium cafe? (Dawn, if that matters.) I see that they have Starbucks specifically called out on the Le Bistro menu, with pricing, so I was figuring that other restaurants likely do the same thing. I'm not sure we'd get the value out of the package otherwise.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, cmph said:

Can you use the package for Starbucks anywhere other than the Atrium cafe? (Dawn, if that matters.) I see that they have Starbucks specifically called out on the Le Bistro menu, with pricing, so I was figuring that other restaurants likely do the same thing. I'm not sure we'd get the value out of the package otherwise.  

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/content/all-terms-and-conditions-starbucks-package

Starbucks Package Terms and Conditions:
Must be at least 18 years of age at time of sailing to purchase. Package must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Package may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Eligible guests are entitled to one beverage per person per transaction. Includes all coffee, tea and Refreshers beverages by the cup. Excludes canned drinks, bottled drinks, food and merchandise. Beverage selection is subject to change onboard. Guest's cheque may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Package can be used in onboard restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Offer is not applicable on Harvest Caye, nor sailings that are two (2) days or less. A 20% gratuity will be added to all package purchases. No substitute for package if guest cannot consume all beverages included. Package price is subject to change. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1