Fare Change on Princess Booking & Best Sale Ever

TN-Mountains

I'm booked on Princess for June 2023.  I've been checking prices and noticed a slight drop in prince with the Best Sale Ever promotion.  I was going to call my big box TA and get the fare change applied, but I noticed this in the terms & conditions:  

Princess's Best Sale Ever with Princess Plus: Offer is valid on new bookings made 12/14/22-3/1/23. If guest cancels and reinstates booking, applies a fare change, or changes room category outside of valid booking window, offer no longer valid & will be removed. 

Is that normal?  I thought fare changes were allowed prior to final payment?  It is not a huge savings, but it would give me the new princess plus package instead of the older package.  Not a big deal, but it would be nice to try the juice bar.  Anyway, can someone explain when a fare change is allowed on Princess Bookings?  TIA!

Some Princess promos are ‘new’ bookings only, so yes, you would normally not be able to just refare.

Since I assume you are before final payment and if you booked a refundable deposit, then just cancel your existing booking and rebook the new lower fare.

I booked an August 2023 , Hawaii cruise. The Princess website would show a lower fare than what I booked. When I called my TA to refare, they kept saying the fare was higher. Finally, agent did more research and found the ‘new’ fare was for new bookings only, so I just canceled existing booking and rebooked at the lower fare.

Be careful as Princess has started non refundable deposits in some cases. 

Some agents are savvy enough and know how to work around, but I would guess big box are just mainly order takers, but if hold times are short, call first if they can refare, else cancel rebook.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I'm booked on Princess for June 2023.  I've been checking prices and noticed a slight drop in prince with the Best Sale Ever promotion.  I was going to call my big box TA and get the fare change applied, but I noticed this in the terms & conditions:  

Princess's Best Sale Ever with Princess Plus: Offer is valid on new bookings made 12/14/22-3/1/23. If guest cancels and reinstates booking, applies a fare change, or changes room category outside of valid booking window, offer no longer valid & will be removed. 

Is that normal?  I thought fare changes were allowed prior to final payment?  It is not a huge savings, but it would give me the new princess plus package instead of the older package.  Not a big deal, but it would be nice to try the juice bar.  Anyway, can someone explain when a fare change is allowed on Princess Bookings?  TIA!

It would have to be 2 transactions in order to do this.  Cancel the old one. Book a brand new booking which will have a new booking number.

Does your current booking have a refundable deposit?

Also, check if the new booking deposit will be refundable, before you proceed.

Also, if you have promos connected to the old booking, you’ll lose those.  Compare those to what promos you’ll receive with the new booking. Any OB purchases, etc will be refunded, when you cancel and you’ll need to repurchase them in the new booking.

• Like 2

I had a similar experience to Wallyj. My TA was able to re-fare and add OBC. I pointed out that her new fare was higher than Princess website. She looked into it and cancelled / rebooked as new booking. We got a lower fare and extra OBC.

• Like 1

OMG!  I called the TA and was on the phone for an hour.  I requested to keep the same cabin and for them to remove the "any available upgrade".  No problem, she came back $200 cheaper plus $200 OBC.  All is great....but, when I got the confirmation she changed the cabin!  I'm waiting on a call back, but my original cabin doesn't appear as available on any of the websites!  What can I do?  Nothing???  I'm waiting on a call back from the TA!  

3 hours ago, TN-Mountains said:

A fare change is normally allowed however any terms that you have on your original booking go away, and the terms for the booking are whatever that are in effect at the time the cruise is reared.

So if you had great terms such as obc or included items and you rebook because fare dropped they all go away unless they are still be offered.

FWIW we booked a Jan 2024 Antarctica cruise back in Apr 2022, well before the current Best.Sale.Ever promotion. We just noticed our cabin price went down over $800 per person as it had been previously sold out for a couple of months. We contacted our TA and she was not only able to refare tour existing booking to get the lower price, but we also received the current BSE promotions to include the $150 OBC and all of the other new perks that come along with the current promotion. BTW we have never had to "rebook" a cruise.

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I've been on the phone all day with the TA trying to figure out why I was able to get the fare adjusted, but lost my cabin.  A supervisor just returned my call.  He said Princess changed my cabin # yesterday because they designated it as part of the isolation zone.  

14 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

Thank you all.  I've been on the phone all day with the TA trying to figure out why I was able to get the fare adjusted, but lost my cabin.  A supervisor just returned my call.  He said Princess changed my cabin # yesterday because they designated it as part of the isolation zone.  

No wonder.  That happened to us once too.  

I recently repriced a Princess booking, saving 14%. The TA told me they would have to rebook under a new confirmation number. When I got the new booking, I realized that the Princess excursion I booked myself was gone. I simply had to rebook the excursion. This was the only gotcha. 

• Like 1