Obstructed Deluxe Balcony Guarantee

Techwizardress

Hello,

We have booked an Obstructed Deluxe Balcony Guarantee.

When they assign us a cabin, will it be a Deluxe Balcony (obstructed or not), not just regular balcony?

Will they consider a non-obstructed balcony an "upgrade"

I have only booked Princess where I have chosen my cabin during the booking process.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Princess tends to hold back deluxe balconies because they can accommodate a third passenger on the loveseat/bed.  Just do a pretend booking, but choose 3 passengers instead of 2.  You should then see which cabins are available.  Call your travel agent, CVP or directly with Princess, if that’s how you originally booked, and request the cabin of your choice.  I’ve done this a few times and been successful.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Yes,  you should be able to try to get a cabin assignment to one of the Deluxe Balconies that showsavailable, like mentioned above.

If you hit a brick wall and don't get any help with that, you could consider booking with a third person in the cabin, and then cancel them.

We like those mid-ship with the larger balconies that are not really obstructed!

Ohhhhh, and to answer the upgrade question. 

Princess could well try to prove me wrong!  But, no, an upgrade from a Deluxe obstructed should have to be a Deluxe that is not obstructed.

And, now most all upgrades are thru the bidding system.   So you would know the bidding price for each specific category.

Of course, if you are like me, and picky about location, they can put you in a Deluxe that is not obstructed anywhere onboard.  So anyone that bids should be aware of that. 

You could also have your booking marked NO UPGRADE.  And keep checking that.

But that doesn't always work.

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  you should be able to try to get a cabin assignment to one of the Deluxe Balconies that showsavailable, like mentioned above.

If you hit a brick wall and don't get any help with that, you could consider booking with a third person in the cabin, and then cancel them.

We like those mid-ship with the larger balconies that are not really obstructed!

Can you elaborate on this?  My not-really-obstructed Deluxe Balcony cabin was designated an isolation zone and I got moved to a different cabin.  I'm trying to find another one that isn't really obstructed.  

On 1/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Princess tends to hold back deluxe balconies because they can accommodate a third passenger on the loveseat/bed.  Just do a pretend booking, but choose 3 passengers instead of 2.  You should then see which cabins are available.  Call your travel agent, CVP or directly with Princess, if that’s how you originally booked, and request the cabin of your choice.  I’ve done this a few times and been successful.  Good luck!

Many thanks. We had a guaranteed deluxe balcony  on one of our booked cruises. After reading your post, I decided to search the ship using 3 passengers . To my surprise, all the available deluxe balcony stateroom now appeared. I contacted our CVP and requested  our selected cabin be assigned to our booking. . Your posting was "Spot On" We are now Happy Campers thanks to you sharing your information. "Knowledge is Power". 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

Many thanks. We had a guaranteed deluxe balcony  on one of our booked cruises. After reading your post, I decided to search the ship using 3 passengers . To my surprise, all the available deluxe balcony stateroom now appeared. I contacted our CVP and requested  our selected cabin be assigned to our booking. . Your posting was "Spot On" We are now Happy Campers thanks to you sharing your information. "Knowledge is Power". 

So happy it worked out for you!  Everyone here knows something about something, so we all benefit.  Enjoy your cruise!