SJ - Resort Day Pass / Two hotels

Clearwater

On 1/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Clearwater said:

Anyone have experience with either: 

Fairmont El San Juan Hotel or  Royal Sonesta San Juan

I am looking for a nice resort with beach access and good drinks and food.  These two look about a 30 min drive from the cruise terminal and have available passes for when I am visiting.  

I'm hoping someone answers as I am wondering too. I did "google"  day pass for San Juan and found a good website with them both on there and reviews.  Looks like Fairmont gets more visits/reviews.  Maybe also check with TripAdvisor.  I'm trying that sight next.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Clearwater said:

Anyone have experience with either: 

Fairmont El San Juan Hotel or  Royal Sonesta San Juan

I am looking for a nice resort with beach access and good drinks and food.  These two look about a 30 min drive from the cruise terminal and have available passes for when I am visiting.  

We've stayed at the El San Juan a number of times, although not recently and not under the Fairmont brand. I'd certainly consider it for a day pass visit. You should expect the food and drink to be expensive.

• 2 months later...

Need more help - I am the Original Poster. I ended up booking with Royal Sonesta.  They had a Cabana available. Includes bottle of cava, fruit plate, waters etc but not a $200 min food and bev like Fairmont.  

I have been to San Juan many times downtown from previous cruises and hence why I decided to book more of a relaxing beach day this time. Totally flaked on me but I didn't realize we are only in port 7am to 2pm.  So realistically we would be at resort from like 9 to 12:30 by the time off ship, cab to etc etc.  Not sure it's worth spending $250 plus the food and drinks we buy for such a short day. 

YEARS ago I found a great restaurant that rented out beach chairs for like $25 and had food and drink service. No pool, no frills.  Maybe I should rethink before my window of cancel.   Thoughts??? 

• 2 weeks later...