Quick Future Cruise Deposit question

Outerdog

Can you purchase FCDs on a cruise then apply them to an existing booking once you return home?

I have a cruise in April and another booked for September. I'd like to purchase FCDs on the April trip and use them on the existing September booking. 

30 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

I think you might be able to do this, but I would go to the Future Cruise office on board during your April cruise and ask them.

Thanks. The terms indicate that the FCDs cannot be added to a booking that has been paid in full. That implies that they CAN be added to a booking which is NOT paid in full. 

image.png.b360b3cbd7b4bc9a2700c329e4016b8d.png

You can add a FCD to an already booked cruise but...It will only count as $100 off the price of the cruise. There will be no OBC given. It will be the same as simply paying $100 toward your final payment.

You can always cancel and then re-book the cruise but that only helps if the current pricing and perks are better than what you already have. We failed to purchase any FCD on our May cruise. (Stupid, very stupid.) When we booked our Australia / New Zealand cruises for this fall we didn't have any FCD and had to pay full deposit with no OBC. Yesterday I checked pricing and it was much better than when we originally booked so put holds on another cabin and today I contacted our TA and had him change things.

The first segment of the B2B2B was more expensive so we left it alone. The second and third segments were significantly less expensive and also came with an extra $100 OBC for each of us. When all was finished we had new bookings for the second and third segments, all 3 segments were still in the original cabin, the cost of the cruises was lowered by $1,135.86, AND between the extra OBC from using our FCD and the promotional OBC that wasn't on the original bookings we gained an extra $650 in OBC. The only thing that increased was the cost of our flights home which went up by a total of $92.60. Oh, they also had to return the $200 deposit on one cruise and the $2 deposit on the other. (The $400 we spent for the two FCD apiece comes right off the top of the final payment so that's a "no cost" item.)

If you can manage something like this it is well worth buying FCD to use toward an already booked cruise. 😎

• Like 2