Seascape engine troubles 1/19/23

Td6462

6 hours ago, cobber1967 said:

Thanks for the update. For those of us who are supposed to board the Seascape tomorrow morning could you please let us know what time she gets into Miami tomorrow if you get a chance.  Thanks in advance.

1:30 am arrival in Miami 

3 hours ago, cobber1967 said:

Could you please tell me how you know the speed of the ship??   I will be on the ship tomorrow and that kind of info would be helpful given the circumstances.  Thanks again.

It's constantly on the ship info channel on the cabin tv

7 hours ago, cobber1967 said:

Thank you very much for that

2 hours ago, Teibban said:

Any news this morning if the cruise will start on time today?

1 hour ago, Mdraes said:

Still says all aboard by 5 and departure by 6pm. Hopefully the issue has been fixed.

I just caught a senior officer in the elevator and as I was b2b he indicated that the engine issues have been resolved.

We have a unique location on 15 close to the bridge. We often get to chat with senior staff in the halls and elevators as they move about the ship.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Td6462 said:

I just caught a senior officer in the elevator and as I was b2b he indicated that the engine issues have been resolved.

We have a unique location on 15 close to the bridge. We often get to chat with senior staff in the halls and elevators as they move about the ship.

Thanks for continuing to provide updates. I am happy for everyone. See you all on Jan 29!

Ship arrived in Miami at 2:03 this AM.  A OK and ready to go.

Sailing info is on channel4 on the TV.

On the 15 - 22 Sailing the YC was fully booked and there were over 5500 people on the rest of the ship.

After seeing 3700 and 4700 people listed with is topic I wonder what the real answer is as it was super crowded.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CarolnLarry said:

Ship arrived in Miami at 2:03 this AM.  A OK and ready to go.

Sailing info is on channel4 on the TV.

On the 15 - 22 Sailing the YC was fully booked and there were over 5500 people on the rest of the ship.

After seeing 3700 and 4700 people listed with is topic I wonder what the real answer is as it was super crowded.

I agree that it felt and currently feels like more than the number guest services gave me. I would encourage you to leave the YC and go stand in the guest services line with all of the hacking and coughing passengers and inquire about PAX count and see what numbers they give you.

1:30 am was the time we entered the channel in Miami as the horns were lovely. I also agree we were probably not properly secured to the pier until 2:03.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Td6462 said:

I agree that it felt and currently feels like more than the number guest services gave me. I would encourage you to leave the YC and go stand in the guest services line with all of the hacking and coughing passengers and inquire about PAX count and see what numbers they give you.

1:30 am was the time we entered the channel in Miami as the horns were lovely. I also agree we were probably not properly secured to the pier until 2:03.

I hope you guys stay healthy!

Is it difficult to find loungers on deck by the pools? 

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

I hope you guys stay healthy!

Is it difficult to find loungers on deck by the pools? 

Thank you. 2 out of 4 did infact catch something from last week. Not covid but it's some sort of respiratory thing. 

When we first embarked we noticed a couple people hacking. By the 21st I would estimate 6 out of 10 were doing the same.

Pool loungers do go very quickly in our experience. 

Deck 8 port and  starboard seems to be the best bet if you don't need a pool.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Td6462 said:

Thank you. 2 out of 4 did infact catch something from last week. Not covid but it's some sort of respiratory thing. 

When we first embarked we noticed a couple people hacking. By the 21st I would estimate 6 out of 10 were doing the same.

Pool loungers do go very quickly in our experience. 

Deck 8 port and  starboard seems to be the best bet if you don't need a pool.

Thank you! Your posts have been so helpful. I’m keeping my brother’s family updated as they are not on CC and will be on this ship 02/19. My SIL is a teacher and can only travel during school vacations. I’m thinking their sailing may be a little nuts.

Sorry to hear about some of your family members having a respiratory illness. I hope everyone feels better soon. 

• Thanks 1

We board on Sunday, 1/29 and wondered how things are going?  CruiseMapper shows current speed as 21 knots with San Juan arrival 1/25 at 1500.  It also says the scheduled arrival at SJU was 1200.  Not sure about the accuracy of CruiseMapper info, but that doesn't sound like all is well to me 😲

5 hours ago, Av8tor said:

We board on Sunday, 1/29 and wondered how things are going?  CruiseMapper shows current speed as 21 knots with San Juan arrival 1/25 at 1500.  It also says the scheduled arrival at SJU was 1200.  Not sure about the accuracy of CruiseMapper info, but that doesn't sound like all is well to me 😲

Everything seems fine at the moment. TV info agrees in general with speed you list. Cabin paper guide says 12pm as does the app. We'll have to wait and see.