Seascape engine troubles 1/19/23

Td6462

28 minutes ago, sidari said:

If it cannot be fixed before arriving back to Miami I doubt the next sailing would go ahead.

Guest services has indicated as of 10 minutes ago that "everything next week is the same" "for now". Being less than 36 hrs before departure it is my opinion that they will have parts waiting in Miami. They flew in someone from Italy to GC in 16 hours. Cost is not an obstacle for MSC. Especially as the ship is "freshly delivered".

With 3700 people coming in for the next cruise, it's my opinion next week will go ahead but if they can't fix the problem in Miami we'll have a reduced schedule next week and potentially a delayed departure as Nassau is our first stop. 

Everything is functioning fine around the ship.

We're just moving slowly. Currently 16 knots.

Oncoming cruisers might expect a boarding delay as the app has us now arriving in Miami at 8 am. It was a 7 am arrival. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Td6462 said:

Guest services has indicated as of 10 minutes ago that "everything next week is the same" "for now". Being less than 36 hrs before departure it is my opinion that they will have parts waiting in Miami. They flew in someone from Italy to GC in 16 hours. Cost is not an obstacle for MSC. Especially as the ship is "freshly delivered".

With 3700 people coming in for the next cruise, it's my opinion next week will go ahead but if they can't fix the problem in Miami we'll have a reduced schedule next week and potentially a delayed departure as Nassau is our first stop. 

Everything is functioning fine around the ship.

We're just moving slowly. Currently 16 knots.

Oncoming cruisers might expect a boarding delay as the app has us now arriving in Miami at 8 am. It was a 7 am arrival. 

That is good news! Fingers crossed!

I was wondering if this type of issue is normal for the cruise industry. Specifically that a ship would have engine issues that couldn’t be resolved and still schedule things normally for the week after.  The current sailing has already been promised a 50% refund. Although, if the next sailing gets the same refund, it will be The cheapest 2 week cruise my wife and I will ever take.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you. Wish the number was lower but will be happy to just be on board. 🥂

It has a capacity of 5877 so not upset about the number. But totally agree, will be happy to just get on board!

• Like 2

As the song goes...our bags are packed we're  ready to go....

Please keep us posted when you hear something. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Guest services says 3700

Thank you. Wish the number was lower but will be happy to just be on board. 🥂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, styles27 said:

This stinks for people leaving on Sunday. I hope they can get it resolved so they don’t have to cancel at the last minute. 

I’d head for the Keys if they cancelled last minute…make lemonade 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’d head for the Keys if they cancelled last minute…make lemonade 

My wife and I were looking at last minute cruises in Miami if it gets cancelled but not sure if we can make the port times work. I’m leaning towards booking an all inclusive resort in Cancun as a backup plan to finish out our last week.

Seems like very fair compensation to me.  I had something similar happen on Carnival years ago, and they basically told us to pound sand.  We got $50 OBC, if memory serves.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

Too many people hit the buffet -- max load capacity achieved.

Only joking, 50% back for a missed port seems really fair -- I'd like that.  I hope it didn't ruin your cruise OP and I wonder how they are going to get this fixed without cancelling any future cruises...now that would be a bummer.

1 hour ago, xcell said:

I wonder how they are going to get this fixed without cancelling any future cruises...now that would be a bummer.

We are booked as well next month. 

" Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the (ship) will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful (ship), and it's gonna be there." Oddball Kelley's Heroes

4 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Arrived at Ocean Cay on time today. We made it up to 18.3 knots for a while over night.

Thanks for the update. For those of us who are supposed to board the Seascape tomorrow morning could you please let us know what time she gets into Miami tomorrow if you get a chance.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Appears someone on board posted that their B2B will continue Jan 22 on FB.

Yes, as I previously mentioned guest services indicated everything was going ahead next week as planned.  We received our b2b paperwork last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Arrived at Ocean Cay on time today. We made it up to 18.3 knots for a while over night.

Could you please tell me how you know the speed of the ship??   I will be on the ship tomorrow and that kind of info would be helpful given the circumstances.  Thanks again.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:49 PM, Td6462 said:

Still says 7 am when I look. Given that it's only 60 miles from OC to Miami being on time wasn't going to be an issue, with or without engine issues. It's 11:49 and we're less than 30 miles from Miami.