Chogogo Dive & Beach Resort Bonaire

saraschuelke

We discoverd this resort for our November '22 Princess cruise and thought it the highlight of our cruise. No need to pre-book, take a taxi from the pier [about $4] and sign in at the front desk of the hotel - very nice staff. Cash or credit cards. We then headed to a grass covered hut to drop off our belongings on the comfy lounge chairs and grabbed a few tubes to float along the lazy river What fun!!! There is a bar and restaurant  on the beach where we had yummy pina coladas and a huge portion of nachos, chips, cheese, salsa and guacamole. The pools were very clean, not crowded, ample lounge chairs. DH brough his own gear and headed into the water to see reef fish. Wear dive booties to enter the water. When ready to leave, staff called a taxi for us. We are serously considering flying to Bonaire to stay at this resort. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi! We had planned to do this for our day but the resort said they only allow 30-40 adults per day and 10-15 kids.  Did you have to rush off the ship and race there to get a spot?  We dock at 8am and can be ready to go, but trying to plan.  We are worried about that and adding unnecessary stress.  

13 hours ago, Tableof414127 said:

Hi! We had planned to do this for our day but the resort said they only allow 30-40 adults per day and 10-15 kids.  Did you have to rush off the ship and race there to get a spot?  We dock at 8am and can be ready to go, but trying to plan.  We are worried about that and adding unnecessary stress.  

The day we were there, two ships in port, we were the only cruise ship passengers at the Resort. With other resorts not opting to allow cruise passengers to use their facilities, the choices become more narrow. IMO, if you really want to spend the day at a resort, then head over there immediately after the ship arrives. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:20 PM, Tableof414127 said:

I am wondering this, too. We have a group of 10 and I'm worried that we will get there and be turned away!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, bucky0926 said:

Was the snorkeling good?  This sounds right up my alley but I would hate to go to a resort where there is no reef from the beach.  Thanks

The Bari Reef is on front of the beach and Klein Boaire is slightly to the left, but still facing you. DH thought the reef fish ample and colorful. Be sure to wear water shoes.

Darcy

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, saraschuelke said:

This resort was 25.00 per person with a 10.00 food or drink credit.  We had a blast from snorkeling, lazy river, pool. It was absolutely beautiful!  I would definitely come back.

20230109_082020.jpg

20230109_151008.jpg

20230109_151003.jpg

Thank you for sharing! I've been waiting to hear back from them on whether the day pass includes use of that awesome lazy river and the pool. 

The day pass includes full access to the pools, beach and lazy river, with use of the tube floats. Plus the food credit helps off set the very reasonable & yummy pina coladas. Love the resort because it offers so many shaded areas in which to lounge.  Best kept secret on Bonaire!

Darcy

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, WatchHill said:

The day pass includes full access to the pools, beach and lazy river, with use of the tube floats. Plus the food credit helps off set the very reasonable & yummy pina coladas. Love the resort because it offers so many shaded areas in which to lounge.  Best kept secret on Bonaire!

Darcy

Thank you! It looks fantastic - and I'm with you on the shade! We have a morning snorkel excursion booked so I'm hoping they have some passes left in the afternoon! 

• 3 months later...

Just did this on 6/29/23 and it was one of the best island visits on a cruise I have ever done.  I was a little concerned that about getting to the resort as early as possible and had no trouble doing that at all.  We got to the resort by 8:45 and paid our $25 each and used the lazy river and the pool.  The beach area was mainly for snorkeling.  We did not have the chance to snorkel, but it looks like it is a very hot spot to do that as there were several boats there, along with those who just walked in from the shore.

We had lunch and drinks at the hut right by the beach.  Used our $10 vouchers so it was pretty low cost at that point.  Food and drinks were excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SpongeAlan said:

Just did this on 6/29/23 and it was one of the best island visits on a cruise I have ever done.  I was a little concerned that about getting to the resort as early as possible and had no trouble doing that at all.  We got to the resort by 8:45 and paid our $25 each and used the lazy river and the pool.  The beach area was mainly for snorkeling.  We did not have the chance to snorkel, but it looks like it is a very hot spot to do that as there were several boats there, along with those who just walked in from the shore.

We had lunch and drinks at the hut right by the beach.  Used our $10 vouchers so it was pretty low cost at that point.  Food and drinks were excellent.

Were you able to identify other cruise passengers during your time there? I mean, should I rush out to the resort to secure a spot? I was planning to eat breakfast at my own pace, then disembark and head for the resort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone remember if the restaurants have kids menus?   We are in port from 8am-10pm so will be eating at the resort.   All of the menus on the website don’t show a kids menu.   Looking for hot dogs or chicken nuggets.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What time do they open or start accepting day passes? What is the price range of the drinks and the food? Is there multiple  restaurants we can choose from? Does anyone have photos of the menu?

I'm wondering if when you hit port in the morning, could you call the Chogogo Resort and make a reservation that way, to get ahead of the crowd?? doesn't hurt to ask>>>

thoughts??? Heading there in 2 wks.. I need to find a beach.. somewhere! 

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2024 at 12:25 PM, CLS/KAS said:

I'm wondering if when you hit port in the morning, could you call the Chogogo Resort and make a reservation that way, to get ahead of the crowd?? doesn't hurt to ask>>>

thoughts??? Heading there in 2 wks.. I need to find a beach.. somewhere! 

Curious if you visited Chogogo on your cruise, and if so, how did it go?

We went last week.  $14 taxi each way.  Pool was great as was staff.  Can not use beach without water shoes   $25 pp with $10 bar/restaurant credit.  No problem getting lounger. 

• 2 weeks later...

This looks to be just what we're looking for. Thank you to all who have shared this.

Can anyone state whether day visitors have access to snorkel gear and to bicycles.

If so, I'm guessing there'll be an extra fee?